Thread: Speaker has no sound after installing windows 7

Speaker has no sound after installing windows 7

I was using the Windows xp from long time and recently switch over to the Windows 7 operating system and it was working very fine but when i tried to play songs on that there was no sound on the speakers. So, please tell me what was the problem; is there is a problem in the speakers or in the copy of the Windows 7 that i have just installed in the laptop.

Re: Speaker has no sound after installing windows 7

There is no sound driver installed in the laptop for the Windows 7 operating system that you are using which creates a number of issues for you. The solution to these problem is install the sound driver of the Windows 7 that you have got with the Windows 7 OS. Install the drivers properly and then try to play songs in the media player.

I don't have any sound driver CD for the Windows 7 but i have tried with the sound driver of the xp and it didn't work at all with Windows 7. So, now from where i can get the Sound drivers for that; is thee any problem in the speaker that i have connected with the laptop. Please provide me with the solution to these issue as i am missing my music a lot.

Mostly Microsoft has not provided drivers for the Windows 7 yet for many of the system configuration including the sound drivers but there is an option available by which you can update the xp drivers from the website and use it for the Windows 7 OS. To do these first you have insert the xp driver CD into the laptop and when the system ask to install or to update the drivers then select the update option from there and it will get updated automatically from the Microsoft Website. It will take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete the process finally restart the laptop and your speakers these time definitely get sound.

You may confirm that the audio device is enabled and set as the default playback device or not. To view the audio device settings you have to follow the below steps: First Click to select the Start Panel and then type Sound in the command prompt or in the search box. choose Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options after that you have go to beneath the Playback Tab and right click and choose illustrate Hidden Devices and explain Disconnected Devices if obtainable. Then choose the HD Audio Device and then you have to set it as the default Audio Playback Device in the settings options. If then too the issue persists, you have to contact the motherboard manufacturer to make sure for Windows 7 compatible driver for the audio device.