Thread: Cannot find download in windows media player

Cannot find download in windows media player

I had downloaded a song four times from the website and tried to play it in the Vista Windows Media player but each time it failed to play and provided an error message in my Acer laptop, then i checked in the download link and the file was present there. So, what is the problem and how can i overcome these issue; any suggestion will be appreciated by me.

Re: cannot find download in windows media player

It seems that there is a problem in the file that you have downloaded from the internet as you have downloaded the same file for four times so the files may be overlapping. The solution to these problem is that check the Windows Media player with other music files and then try to play the other files it might work after that.

As you have mentioned that the other files will work in that now the other video files, Audio files are not working any more. Is thee any problem with the Windows Media player because when i play the same file with other player such as the Vlc it works perfectly. Now what should i do to overcome these problem any suggestion will be grateful to fix the issue.

As the files are working in the other Media players there seems to be a problem in the Windows Media player. The solution to these issue is that replace the Media player with the a fresh copy of the Vista Windows Media player from the Microsoft website and install it properly to resolve the issue;finally restart the laptop after the installation to see the chances have taken place or not this will solve your problem for sure.

Many times the system files get corrupted and due to that the player does not work properly so you have to repair the system files first. To repair these you have first open the command prompt and then type sfc /scannow and then press enter key to repair the files. If any file is corrupted it will get repaired and if the files is heavily affected then you have to insert the DVD of the Vista operating system when a message arrives on the screen in the command prompt.

Re: Cannot find download in windows media player

The Vista Windows Media player that you are using is corrupted so you have to replace it or you can update the same from the Microsoft website. These can be done by visiting the update option available on the Media player on the right side of the screen, the point that should be kept in mind is that there should be an internet connection; if then too the problem is there then contact the customer care assistance of the Microsoft.