Thread: Outlook 2007 user account control problem on Windows 7

Outlook 2007 user account control problem on Windows 7

Whenever I open Outlook 2007, it opens a popup window and asks me that if I want to allow Outlook to make changes to my computer or not? I have set my User Account Control settings to one level down to top level and I don’t think that it will affect this. This is happening to me when I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium from Vista Home Premium. I am not getting this issue when I open other office product like world, excel and all. I was not having this problem before upgrading. I am using McAfee antivirus.

Can you tell me that what may be the reason behind this popup message and what that mean? Please help.

Re: outlook 2007 user account control problem on Windows 7

Before making any changes to your computer the program requires Administrator permission and I think that the outlook is not having the administrator rights. Before making any changes to it you should make sure that you have administrator rights or logged in as administrator. If not so then you can ask the administrator of the computer to provide you the administrator rights. Once you get the administrator rights then you will not get any such error message.

You can follow the following given steps and this will run the application as administrator. Here are the steps to be followed.
    1. Click Start and select All Programs and point Microsoft Office.
    2. Now point to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and right click on that select properties.
    3. Now select the Compatibility tab and check the box under the Privilege level and this will run the program as administrator.

After this save and close the window and again run it and see that if it is giving the same error or not.

As you told that you are getting that error message only when you try to run Outlook 2007 so the query is related to the Microsoft office application. I would like to recommend you to check Microsoft Office specific resources. You should visit the Microsoft online and search for the community that offers support for your request. This will be best way to get answer to your question. You can visit the below link anytime when you have any issue with the Microsoft Office.

Go to Microsoft Office online.

I think that you have problem with your installation of Windows 7. As far as I know that Windows 7 works fine on both Windows 7 32bit and Windows 7 64bit. Have you upgraded the to Windows 7 or did a clean install. Try to run as administrator and if you are not getting the the issue solved then you can do a clean install again but this time do it with any a different CD because there is possibility that there may be problem with the CD you are using for the installation.

After reading your post what I think is that your installation is mangled. Office 2007 should not show any prompt related to UAC(User Account Control). I have also installed Microsoft Office 2007 and it is not showing me any of such error. It is working fine. You should uninstall the Office 2007 and install it again. While installing don't make any changes to it and do a typical installation. Dont go directly on reinstalling the Windows 2007.

Hi all, I was also facing the same issue a month back. It was showing be some UAC message whenever I try to open any Microsoft office application. But I found this issue was there because the Compatibility tab of Winword.exe is being set for Windows XP. I unchecked that option and found the error gone. You should also try unchecking "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" on the Compatibility tab. I hope this will help you.