Thread: Exchange wont start

Exchange wont start

Hi all

I am hoping someone can help as I'm fairly stuck

I have a SBS 2003 SP2 system & 2 days ago MS exchange has completely stopped working & if I try to start the services they fail

However it may be related to exchange or it could be linked to a different problem as everytime I try to run programs associated to .NET I get the following error

fatal error: failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll (win32 error: 2)

Seems coincidental but I am sure they are linked

I have tried to remove .net 1.1 & used the .NET cleaup tool & reaplpied the .net updates from windows updates & they install correctly but this error remains

Now I am contemplating reinstalling exchange but just wanted to know if anyone has come across this issue before

If any further info is required then please let me know & I will provide

Thanks in advance

Franky

Re: Exchange wont start

However it may be related to exchange or it could be linked to a different problem as everytime I try to run programs associated to .NET I get the following error

fatal error: failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll (win32 error: 2)
    I think that you know that error message "failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll" gets generated because of mscorlib.dll is a part of the .NET framework. And this error is caused by a service pack not installing properly. Since you have tried to install for another time, I think that it doesn't meet the requirements. If you have been heading for to do a server installation, you must have the subsequent software installed in accumulation to the typical installation requirements:
    • Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6; Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 SP1 is recommended. This is for applications that use data access.
    • Internet Information Services (IIS) version 5.0 or later. To access the features of ASP.NET, IIS with the latest security updates must be installed prior to installing the .NET Framework.
    • ASP.NET is supported only on the following platforms: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 3 recommended), Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (Service Pack 3 recommended), Microsoft Windows XP Professional, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family.