Thread: how to turn off internal speakers

how to turn off internal speakers

I am using the Acer laptop with the Windows XP Service Pack 3. It is working fine before but I am facing some strange problem. When I connect my head phone then the sound is come in head phone but simultaneously it is coming from internally spears also. I try lots of the think before post this. I am not able to solve my problem. Can anyone help me to solve my this problem????

Thanks in advance.

Re: how to turn off internal speakers

I think is may be common problem in the majority of computers this days. This computer is generally had in build speakers. When a computer is turned on or booted, then the internal speaker can make loud noises. This is more irritating when you try to use the computers in a private place. You can turn your internal computer speakers off without having to disconnect any hardware on your computer.
    • For that you just have to open the “Control Panel” by pressing window key.
    • Then choose the “Devise Manger” icon listed on the control Panel After that select the “View Menu” Option.
    • After that just click on the tab properties i.e. “Beep Properties” and then select menu options “Driver”.
    • Afterward you have to select “Stop” button to disable your computer’s internal speakers.
    • To disable the speaker completely you just have to select “Disabled” menu option. Then after your internal speaker get turn off.

I think this may be the hardware problem. As per my information may be the following two are main issue:
    • In this case you can disable the internal speaker by just using Motherboard Jumper. Now a days may of the new motherboard manufactures have jumper that jumped to disable the inbuilt speakers. If this is not work then you just have to read the manuals of the motherboard. After that you have to determine if your motherboards have such a jumper to disabled the inbuilt speakers.
    • Some of the motherboard does not have the on-board speakers. And they can use computer speakers that can be removed and can be disabled the speakers. As I mansion above here also you have to refer the Motherboard Manuals to how to disabled the speakers.

I hope this information will help you to fix your issue.

1. First click on “Start” and then from menu go to the “Control Panel” .
    2. Then from that you just have to select “Sound” option.
    3. After that you get some list, from that list select “Speakers” and then click on the “Property” button.
    4. After that you just have to select “Don’t use this device” and select the disable button to disable it.
    5. After that just click on the “Apply” button and then again click “OK” button.

By performing above procedure you can disabled the internal speakers.Thank You.