Thread: Bluray Remux vs Bluray Rip

Bluray Remux vs Bluray Rip

With me i am having the blu-ray drive for my rig. Yesterday i started thinking about the difference between a Blu-Ray "rip" and Blu-Ray "remux". Form the various bit torrent sites i have gathered the information that a "remux" file is much larger than a "rip". I want to know that which software should i use to rip my blu-rays onto my hard drive and i want the quality to be exactly the same. Please help me out.

Re: Bluray Remux vs Bluray Rip

I do not give much preference to the bit torrent sites. I think that rip originally meant to extract media data from optical discs and to save it as computer files. So the rip should be having the same size and quality. Now talking about the remux, it means to blend together media streams to be placed in a file in one of the known formats. This is what i feel about the both.

I want to know few things about the Blu-Rays. The first thing i want to know that which software do you guys use to rip Blu-Rays onto hard drives? I am having the confusion that the Bit torrent up-loaders upload the same 1080p movie in rip and remux, but the remux is usually 25 gb+ where as the rip is usually around 8-9GB. Please share some of your views with me on this topic.

I am providing some of my views on the remux and rip from best of my knowledge. First talking about the remux, it is usually 25 gb+, this mean that they have not compressed anything and just took the streams and showed them in a different container. Now talking about the rip, it is usually around 8-9 GB, rip have compressed it using the same format. Hope it helps you.

This is what i know about the remux. If you want to remux ripbot installs a folder called tools and look for tsmuxer, which will demux the streams. After then you can use a program in the mkv toolkit. I think that it is mmg.exe. Point it at the files that tsmuxer made and tell it to make them into an mkv. I think that i have provided you some kind of help to you.

Now i feel that i have got enough information regarding the remux and the rip. I liked all the replies which are given on this topic. Now i am having broad idea about the remux and the rip. This is my thanks for those who have given the reply on this topic. Your replies have helped me a lot and now i am having no more queries regarding the remux and the rip.