Thread: How to use Apple Automator

How to use Apple Automator

Hello,
    I have recently moved towards Mac Tiger OS, so, I have thinking to start some applications and my first would be Automator. Indeed, with Spotlight, I think this tool should be one of the most interesting. I take an example: sometimes we regularly create disk images. With Automator, you can easily (one click on the shortcut menu) to automate the operation of selected files. So, if this is possible then I am looking forward to this. Any help is appreciated.

Re: How to use Apple Automator

I often make screenshots, they occur in a dedicated directory. Usually in PDF, then I convert them to JPEG or PNG, but as I did by hand, it took me time, the result was I dropped this idea. I did everything with automated Automator, with backup in another directory that I can choose. So, I am not sure the automator is the best choice.

I am trying to make a automator script to launch a slideshow of photo in the inside of a folder. Unfortunately, not possible to find out how to ask the finder selection folder "x" and not default to hardcoded in the script, and once the picture Recycling is done, send them to the destination and it asked to start the slideshow. And if I'm looking slideshow in all actions, I would then use iphoto keynote or at a pinch. Someone has already done a script like this?

I have a little problem importing photos into iphoto, when I put this action it looks different albums INDEFINITE and I force quit. Now should I do a clean install. Once the problem is resolved I will give you my little script that retrieves pictures from a website and import them into a new album and remove the SD. If you know a solution for this then please post the script.

But in fact, not finding as this, and as I wanted to test automator. But right now if you want to make a scribed which includes the option of a slideshow in thumbnail lancer. Note on the slide: I think this is very well done, I would love the opportunity to see all images at once to the "explored".

I got a really good script, it runs in Automator, but when I put it in folder action does not work. The thing is, I slip file is JPG, PSD, TIF, GIF in a directory, and after that, Automator handles them in specific folders. Finally, it should, if anyone has an idea, it would be super cool.

I use automator to rename my photos in series with the name of the directory in which they are located. (Note that I do not use Iphoto!) This allows me to open my photos directly from Spotlight. (And make a panorama) Then in the finder, I use Spotlight comments to any more specific and particular to the photo (example: a buddy out my tongue, I pull the added language in the spotlight comments) Very convenient to search for photos on his hard drive

I make a regular backup of my folders in iPhoto, iTunes, and I zipped Sequences Documents on an external drive. I made the backup WorkFlow easily. Automator automatically creates a copy of these directories on my external disk in a directory "Last Backup" but I wish that the directory called 'Backup of "with today's date but impossible to find out how. Do you have an idea??

I just work on that, but it does not work either at my house. Indeed, it stuck with me well before putting it into action File, even if I run the process in Automator ... actually is action Finder> Move Finder Items is not working. This action works well for you? , it is this action that you used to move your files? Another problem I encountered: Unable to use the iTunes action> Add files to the playlist. When I use this action, it will search for playlists in iTunes endless Automator forcing me to force quit.