Thread: Removing dual boot partitions from windows vista and windows 7

Removing dual boot partitions from windows vista and windows 7

I am using two operating system on my computer system Windows Vista and Windows 7 it is working very nice on my computer system. Now I want to remove the dual partition from my computer system. When I for the new clean installation on my other computer system, I have notice the Windows 7 produce a hidden 100MB partition it is known as “System Reserved”. But in the Dual Boot installation, I have noticed that it is not creating this kind of partition. So in future do these will create any problem on my computer system? Any help with this issue will be appreciable.

Thank in Advance.
    Last edited by Jagjeevan; 24-09-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Re: Removing dual boot partitions from windows vista and windows 7

I have faced this problem what you are thinking of so for that problem in future you can go for the repair booting in the boot sector. For the booting the Operating System you can take the help Window 7 DVD and move further for the installation of the Operating System. I hope this will help you to remove your problem if it occurs at on your computer system.
    Last edited by chroma; 24-09-2010 at 09:32 AM.

You can begin from the start button available on your computer desktop, then right click on the “my computer” go to the manage option present after the double-click on my computer. After that you find a small window of disk management appear on your computer screen. Find the separation with the flag "boot" where your information is store up, if it is Window 7 then you're all place in correct way.
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 24-09-2010 at 09:32 AM.

It is really very appreciated your solution, and It seem that the provided information is not proper please help me out from this problem and I have follow the correct way which have guide me. Can you provide me the more information about this issues by which I will remove my problem from my computer system.
    Last edited by Jagjeevan; 24-09-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Oh! I am very regretful it was my mistake which I have done. So if you have gone through the above steps which I have provided you for your issue then you can reboot your computer system. Either if you are using the Window Vista, you have to just do the same as the Window 7 process but after removing the partition form your computer system.

Hi, I have faced this problem with my computer system. I have gone through the above step which was provided to you for rebooting the computer system. I have done the same but the same problem had no removed from my computer system. So after that I have repair my MBR with the Window 7 DVD off boot by working first (bootrec /fixmbr) after that (bootrec /fixboot) this solution has removed my problem. I think this will remove your problem also.