Thread: MS Word & Excel file takes a long time while opening

MS Word & Excel file takes a long time while opening

I have had for some time a problem opening Word or Excel. If I open Excel, the program starts normally, only opening an Excel file takes about 7 minutes For Word takes you to open the program, about 7 minutes, and again the same time when opening a file. My laptop has Windows XP installed. The problem occurred with me for the first time, as I have a Word file that was created in Vista, open wanted. Whether coincidence or not, I can not judge. Unfortunately Google Answers have not really helped me . Maybe someone here has a tip for me ...? Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: MS Word & Excel file takes a long time while opening

I'd also second last week, even the IE took forever. Did the following things:
    • Two virus programs -> no success
    • ccleaner -> tidy -> no success
    • 1 gig extra memory installed -> no success

External plate purchased, copied over everything that is important for safety then issued several threats, according to the motto: "you come up with the garbage and I replace you with a new". Now it runs perfectly again

Have you tried to do System Restore to earlier point.?? Under Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools. Going to a time when the was still running normally. this solution might work for you. But remember that all programs that were installed after that must be installed probably new. Also I would like to suggest you to format your hard disk and try new installation.

Of hardware problems is certainly not! The system restore was unsuccessful. What surprises me is the fact that it came almost overnight to the problem. Whether it is really this was a Vista file, I can appreciate not stop. Perhaps files are scanned suddenly over the Internet, which would explain the immense duration. Have really no idea!! For any information, I am grateful.

Try to repair your Office - Insert CD, then "repair, component add / change, or remove" the query. Are you with your service packs for XP up to date? The Office for any updates on it? There was - I mean, at least - after the release of Office 2007 updates for older versions that can also work with the new file formats. Otherwise, I would still throw out the virus scanners / spybot, then the Start Office (Word & Excel) test. Possibly. did you then have the "troublemaker" is located. Then you can then install the latest antivirus software.

I had bought a new PC with WinXP, who was from the start very quickly. Start-up in a minute. Very fast response when launching programs and Web pages. Only the Firefox achieved this speed in particular, not at startup. But that seems to be everywhere and to lie on Firefox. Recently, I observe, however, delays in the work of the PC, although I have not installed many programs. Occasionally I had trouble starting this or that program. My previous firewall, I've been thrown overboard, because I could not do much with it and also with the anti-virus program did not really tolerated. By chance I have of the firewall, "Social Amor" is one and I secured a free action on a 1-year license. This program is not purely a firewall, for example, you can also websites (which I previously knew nothing) that are listed automatically when they access through the firewall in the background on your PC, forever denied access to the PC and much more. When Googling for these background hits I found almost always problems with the outbraking the system. With the help of a guide, I'm still learning. The most important thing is that even as a surfer with a relatively low level of knowledge, understand what's happening and what you can and must.

Firewall & Anti-virus programs are the No. 1 brake system. But no, it is not, unfortunately. I - decided to Kaspersky Internet Security - after many tests with freeware on different systems and PC. The cost is so not in proportion to the benefit of wild. Otherwise you can use other also, the one what you trust more.

Hello, I can see totally different. The standard XP, I cannot build it possible to influence which program now connect to the Internet and what not. And I would like to determine at least like to own. A system of "proof" to make and allow only explicitly allowed programs to access the Internet the way, is also a further step to protect yourself from Trojans / spyware etc.. But brings in real trojans etc. nothing ... manage the then Internet Explorer, because you do not look, what program has initiated the connection. If the malicious program has already started, it can always make almost anything it wants, and then it's already too late. Theoretically, one would need do not even one for incoming traffic, but who can control even when Windows exactly which ports are open ... (Ok, the router could teach it, to let in what he does, but probably no one). Furthermore, any additional software is an additional program, the security gaps that can be exploited.

but brings in real trojans etc. nothing ... manage the then Internet Explorer, because you do not look, what program has initiated the connection. If the malicious program has already started, it can always make almost anything it wants, then it's already too late. Theoretically, one would need do not even one for incoming traffic, but who can control even when Windows exactly which ports are open ... (Ok, the router could teach it, to let in what he does, but probably no one).
    What is your Internet Explorer? The thing I've used exactly once to me to download Firefox. Then the I-Explorer has been banned permission to access the Internet. Then I have a strict separation. A computer for surfing, and working for an online-banking. On the surf machine I had Trojan on the computer working before.

My router is also covered in my WLAN, you will probably cannot penetrate because:
    • Full encryption, the network you see in the site monitor until you have established with the key the network.
    • The router allows only authorized MAC addresses access to power again.
    • If I do not need it wireless is disabled physically. So to get into my eg WLAN, you had to
    • The key to find out
    • Get out one of the few allowed MAC addresses (which are also encrypted.
    • To catch a time I myself use the WLAN.
    I put a big emphasis on security. So far I managed with the assistance of experts, and self-service also very good.

Problem solved!! It was the Norton!! Do note, but something else. The problem occurred with me before my vacation (in about 7 weeks). In the search for the fix on the internet I found at that time including the reference to Norton as the cause. I then tried to delete the control panel of XP. Also ran well on, but the deletion of Norton was not completed correctly. When, after maybe 10 minutes no longer did, I shot it. Subsequently, the Norton files via Explorer deleted. Did not help. After I had when I find some new proposals with modifications to system parameters are found and made, but did not help all, I have now tried again Norton from Control Panel to remove software. Re-ran the "progress bar" was up to 100%, but not complete, ie there was no final report and the hourglass ran and ran ... This time I waited 30 minutes and shot down the task. And Word and Excel work again!! Irritating way my control panel-> software shows but still looking at that Norton is installed! But what the hell, it works again.

Hi, I put a big emphasis on security. So far I managed with the assistance of experts, and self-service also very good. I think so, and reads everything very well, the less I understand why you installed a firewall with a potential entry point for pests. The only benefit I see in such a personal firewall, would be if I really want to avoid the "phone home" some programs that look mostly for updates. But either I install something or do not even turn off the then (if possible) if I do not want to. And if I do not always trust the manufacturer, to install the stuff not only because if something is first launched, it can pretty much do everything ... (Ok, there would still be allowed not to work as an admin, but this is rather annoying in XP ... but surfing's last).