Thread: Install ifort compiler on Mac

Install ifort compiler on Mac

Hello,
    I wonder if it is possible to install a free non-commercial version of the Fortran compiler ifort intel mac? I have g77, gfortran, but I need one for ifort to make performance comparisons, find bugs missed by other. Obviously, the only non-commercial version that I found on the site would for linux: can it be installed with some modifications may be under x11? Can you please help me with me this.

Re: Install ifort compiler on Mac

To stop the waffle on the C and other scripting languages.

1 - It does have the asm and c for nuclei + everything that goes above c + + / vm finally modern OS
    2 - made of C once seriously in your life that will not confuse process thread memory kernels libc linker filesystem storage hardware executable machine language software ... and understand a little about what makes a compile not to arrive at this kind of question
    3 - C compiler

We use many numerical codes that we code in Fortran. I compare the performance of our codes and their behavior so they tounent with different compilers. In short, it suits me so I can also use ifort (I note that these codes are not commercial: working in University. When I say bug, it's bugs in the programs we do in fact And it happens often! and sometimes I see it more easily with one of the compilers. Moreover, it is not always my programs, so I do not know how people have coded, and thus where the bugs are a prior. In addition, I use fortran simply because the numerical codes in question are in Fortran, and is not subject to change. So nothing to do with use of the asm to create bones.

For ifort -> binary compiled on IA32 -> Kernel Against GNU / Linux libc + elf + storage Environment and you wonder if you can run on darwin X11. Is there are gap between you two programs? Please check it first.

Is what you can make me re-explain it a bit easier please? To quote my knowledge (not very extensive, but I'm working!), Mas OS X is actually a kind of BSD Unix. Right? You can access this kind of underlay BSD via X11. (?). Basically, where my reasoning is ridiculous is that intel compiler for linux will not be used by a BSD OS .... actually, it sounds average. When a source code with make install ... we can possibly get away with to install x11? (Obviously I mean no ifort there)

It's not necessarily ridiculous, but now it does not. MacOS-X is the only unix not to use the ELF binary format. For what you want to do it you must use a second machine: a PC running Linux. And you will recompiles your sources with g77, etc. ifortran. and you do your comparisons. The binary code generated will be the same either Linux or MacOS, however the format of executable binary will be different. One thing that may perhaps be attempted is to generate an object file under Linux with the Fortran compiler, then the linker on MacOS. I do not know if it works, I've never tried.

Normally yes. In fact, I do not know everything there is like linux distro that installs on Macs (I have not yet MacIntel so I did not address the problem), but I think it must there be. Then your compiler ifortran and well it will work normally. Cons generated by the executable will work only on Linux.