Thread: Bug update for Adobe Reader in Snow Leopard

Bug update for Adobe Reader in Snow Leopard

I am in SL and I have a strange bug when trying to update Adobe Reader (which he proposes to automatically regularly) : Initially, Adobe Reader Updater opens it seems normal . Then a window " Repair Wizard " appears , which says that Acrobat has detected the presence of missing components to be repaired , and Cancel buttons with and Continue. Have you ever encountered this bug? Because of this, I can not put Acrobat Reader update ...

Re: Bug update for Adobe Reader in Snow Leopard

I have been facing a similar problem Unable to access this window, which seems frozen ... I can not click Cancel or Continue , and the update is still pending. If I try to leave Adobe Reader Updater " normal " , it does not work. If I force him to leave, but he left the window " Repair Wizard " does not disappear. No " Repair Wizard " is present in all open applications . This window disappears if I close my session.

I am your upper topic here because I did the same with me now. He tried an update last week, same message of ' repair ' and during that time the update patina and is not. Forced to force him to stop the activity. I had this problem a few versions ago , never found a solution, and then one day ( though I'm not doing anything about it) , it started to re - walk, never knew why please help...

I would suggest you to uninstall the adobe reader application which is installed on your system readily this will definitely help you to get this problem resolved. Try o download the latest version of the adobe reader application and then install the same on your system finally reboot the machine to get this issue fixed.

First of all i would like to thank you for the reply. I do not like it continues to make me go. I uninstalled Reader and reinstalled , and now rebooted. Especially me that Acrobat Reader 9.3.0 update moved to 9.3.4, but mostly I have this error message could not be removed even by forcing the cessation of activity because it does not appear in the activities:

This gag then I got it because I disabled the PDF support in Safari with Adobe Reader (in AdobeReader> Preferences> Internet, uncheck "Display PDF in browser using: AdobeReader) to address a security vulnerability at the time (in 9.3.0 or 9.3.1. the next update I posted that nasty message, which I got rid of forcing them to leave I do not know how, and simply run the new version of AdobeReader.

Well, my house, it has long been that the problem was no longer presented. Is it finally settled as if by magic, or is it going to start again later? We'll see. If the problem recurs, I'll keep you posted.