Thread: Help with this Applescript to send email with attachment

Help with this Applescript to send email with attachment

I am running computer system with Apple Mac Operating System X10.5 Leopard 10.5 in it. I had started facing this problem after when I had run the script attached to the file it not fill in the recipient's address box. If I will save it as in the "draft folder" and then open the same message from the drafts folder of the message sending application it has the recipients address. Does anyone have any idea about how to script and send the email? Any help about this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with this Applescript to send email with attachment

I have gone through your problem but I didn’t get it what problem exactly you are facing for on your computer system. Which kind of script you want to send through your e-mail application. Can you able to me show that script for which you are facing the problem at the time of sending the e-mail through your system?
    Last edited by Eric B; 22-09-2010 at 09:11 AM.

I have the script as given below

set the Subject as "new subject"
    set the Body "this is the message body"
    set the Sender "Adam"
    set the Name "Abhi"
    set the Address "abhi@someisp.com"
    set the Attachment "/Users/imac/Sites/some.txt"

tell application to "Mail"
    set a fresh Message to create a fresh outgoing message with the properties as subject: the Subject, content: the Body & return.

I have gone through the script you have posted me but this seems to be incomplete script which you have been sent to me. So can you provide me another half part of the script which you have or if not go through your message where you have getting this problem and then send that script to me. I hope that will help you out from the failure.

Thanks for your moral support actually I have didn’t send the full script to you the another half is shown as below

tell new to that Message
    visible to true
    sender to “the Sender”
    create fresh to the recipient at end of the recipients with the assets as (name: the Name, address: the Address)
    tell to the content
    create a fresh attachment with the properties having filename: the Attachment at after the last stanza
    end tell
    end tell
    activate
    end tell

I have checked the script by placing it on my messaging application it not have any problem with that. There is no such problem and issue occurring on my computer system what do I do for this reason which you are facing. I think you have to restart your computer system and do the same as same as you have done before, I hope this will work on your computer system also.

Hi, as per your problem I think you have to go for the reinstallation of your Apple Mac Operating System X10.5 Leopard 10.5 on your computer system. It might have some problem with that because it happens sometime when the files get corrupted with you by mistake. I hope this will solve your problem and it will remove your issue from your computer system.

I can just suggest you that whenever you run the script it will work fine on your computer system. The problem you have got is normally not happening to any of the user it occurs in rare cases. The solution I can suggest you to check the format of the attachment which for have given to, it must be in POSIX format. It must like this way HD: User: imac: Sites: so.txt format.