Thread: VLC can't connect through proxy with authentication

VLC can't connect through proxy with authentication

I am behind a Firewall with the intention of requiring confirmation. The iTunes and RealPlayer run by means of the streams they are able to decode, additional than they not be able to read Ogg Vorbis. As far as I be familiar with, VLC does not create make use of of the global proxy settings. I is asking me to give pleasure to enter your proxy the entire in excess of again in Input / Codecs -> Access modules > HTTP(S) surrounded by VLC's preferences. Additional than the settings are extremely well hidden. The GUI rather seems to reflect the source code's configuration than the user's perspective. If VLC is not meant as a tool for freaks merely the GUI is supposed to be changed a lot.

Re: VLC can't connect through proxy with authentication

The app is authoritative, elastic and has many alternatives. It's the method they premeditated it. If you desire a "Movie player for dummies", VLC be supposed to not be your first choice. Additional than regardless of this, they determine to add panels asking you for login-names / passwords to have right of entry streams attractive almost immediately.

You would not necessitate to browse the preferences to any further extent then. This is partially completed in 0.8.5 already (without these input sheets though, immediately "Yes, No", progress display, etc.) and there is supplementary to come in 0.8.6. in this you determine to have additional feature as compared to the previous on.

Well, I do not similar to this approach to responsibility the user if the user interface and documentation are terrible. I in addition do some programming and consider myself being a power user, additional than nevertheless I did not locate the proxy settings where they are. O. k., I might have originated it somehow, additional than I expected that the system settings were used. That's what they are for, so you do not have encompassed to set up proxies in every application independently. This is particularly helpful if you utilize a notebook in dissimilar environments.

I be familiar with, I do not have encompassed to a right to complain, as I did not pay no matter which for VLC, additional than particularly the settings are actually messed up, besides many texts are clipped. I do not mind having numerous alternatives, additional than they be supposed to be documented. There were a number of questions how you be able to generate audio streams that be able to be read by iTunes, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player. Additional than no answers, and nothing regarding it in the documentation. And that would be a point to start exploring VLC.

I not am able to remember. Ages ago theoretically, these encompass been there everlastingly. A dialog asking particularly for every stream was introduced in VLC 0.8.6 as far as I remember. Immediately download the most recent version for your release of Mac OS X and make sure it out. I do not imagine you be able to set VLC to the autoproxy configuration, is not that a Firefox plugin. In addition, do company rules permit you to watch internet streams. If not you might get into some tribulations.

This might be helpful ProxyCfg.exe, a Proxy arrangement Tool. Invoked by means of no parameters particular, it displays the present WinHTTP proxy settings. This Microsoft effectiveness seems to be capable to retrieve the present proxy, and might make possible you to write an automatic script for VLC (or do it physically). As I do not encompass an autoproxy, I am able to test it for you. The utility might not contained as a part of your operating system. You be able to download the WinHTTP 5.1 tools as part of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tool.

The video files are obtainable by using the protocol HTTP. As my system have proxy server VLC requirements to be set by means of the proxy address and even by means of the login/password to work. I do not recognize why VLC not be able to uses the contemporary browser setting without having to indicate the entire in excess of again this kind of information in sequence.

Is there several technique or methods to keep away from that as when a browser is used there is not a compulsory to indicate no matter which. (I imagine that the authentification steps have encompassed and previously be completed as soon as the windows session has been opened and/or a first to have right of entry to Internet has been completed.