Thread: Fixing AVI index was never a problem before

Fixing AVI index was never a problem before

I presently began having tribulations playing AVI files. When I pull an AVI file to the VLC player an mistake box pops out of the player that comprehend as such by means of the three alternative beneath. AVI Index this AVI file is out of order. Seeking determine to not run appropriately. Do you desire to try to repair it. This might take an extended time. If and when I hit it off on (Repair) or I revolutionize the Preferences the mechanically repair out of order AVI files then it 'fixes' them in beneath a minute, for the majority part. Other than I by no means had these tribulations previous to. It only started occurring by means of a number of recent .avi s that I got downloaded. What is worse, is that subsequent to occurring to the innovative files, when I go back to try to open previous AVI files that had by no means had such tribulations, they too are at present 'broken' and in necessitate of fixing.

Re: Fixing AVI index was never a problem before

I have encompassed and started having the similar tribulations. At first I consideration it was innovative AVI files I had downloaded surrounded by the past couple of weeks, additional than when I go to previous AVI files that I be familiar with worked previous to, they are the entire needing to be fixed and sometimes take upward of 10 minutes where previous to they did not. I not am able to seem to locate several forum entry anywhere by googling that comes up by means of a solution.

My previous Mac by means of VLC had these tribulations previous to, and that was fixed by basically deleting the previous version of VLC and installing a newer version or description. Additional than this one is the current problem. Similar thing here, the entire of a sudden every file requirements fixing, subsequent to running no tribulations for literally years. Great product although, similar to it says I have been using it for years. If you go to Input & Codecs in preferences in Preferences you are able to select "Never Fix" index repairing, which I at present encompass, other than I wonder if it renders terrible quality.

I freshly re-installed VLC player out of a number of misguided sense of loyalty & in addition for the reason that I have encompassed and read articles saying that they had ironed out glitches happening in Windows 7. I had been by means of KMP as an alternative additional than I always favorite the smooth effortlessness of VLC & in addition not having to get bogged down in codecs the entire the time so consideration I would give it an additional go. At present virtually the entire my avi files necessitate repairing each time I try to play them both innovative and old, ripped & downloaded. I determined to try similar files in KMP, WMP & MPC and lo & behold they played extremely well in the entire three.

At present I do not be familiar with what the reply is to this tribulation by means of VLC additional than I wish they would sort it out for the reason that I am tranquil a great fan additional than I am fed up by means of scratching my head & having to spend hours trawling round a variety of discussion trying to locate a fix. Similar to most modern consumers I desire to turn it on, press the buttons & encompass it run completely each time. Judging by what I have read on these it is not presently Windows 7 that's having these tribulations.

The AVI Index panel that approach up each time when I use to play my Canon SD870IS videos. The AVI Index is out of order, do I desire to fix it. Is there a position it be supposed to be putting the fixed index so that subsequently time it does not have comprised to ask. How would I create that occur.

Is that correlated to the tribulations that on one occasion a file has completed playing, the window closes, so hit it off the play button means that communication come into view the entire in excess of again. I am certain by means of the entire the things this product does, this might seem similar to not much of a tribulations, additional than the entire I desire to do it play my video, so it's a big problem when it always complains regarding playing it.

The Virtualdub give the impression of being scarier than that. I am presently a user who desires to play a video. I am supposed to not necessitate understanding several of those words. And I do not. The VideoLAN fixes the tribulations each time it plays the video. How regarding immediately saving whatever it takes to fix it and read that next time.

You might ask "do you desire to save the fix" and if I say yes, then accumulate whatever you immediately used, and when the program plays a video by means of a tribulations, give the impression of being to observe if that file is there, and if it is, utilize it. And maintain the file open when it finishes playing, so I am able to play it the entire in excess of again and the file by means of the fix determine to tranquil be there, if it's not something you be able to store permanently.