Thread: Formatting remains incomplete in windows

Formatting remains incomplete in windows

Hi,
    I am having 3 partitions in my hard disk i.e. C, D, And E. When i formatted one of my drives, then it was not formatted by the windows. When i am trying to open it window is telling to format it. I am not able to open or even format the drive .What should i do now as i am having no idea related with this problem? Please provide some help.

Re: Formatting remains incomplete in windows

You need to right click on my computer icon and go to the manage option. Open the manage option and go into computer manager and now select disk manager option. Click at the disk no 2 on 'Protect Removable Disk' ex: Removal disk (F : ) and select the option 'Change Drive Letter and Paths for ....'.Then click on remove and after that click on add and try to format. It will work.

As you are telling that you have windows in your system. So start your system and right click on my computer. In this open the manage option. In the manage option go to the disk management option. Here you will we able to see you hard disk partitions. Then right click on the partition which is showing the problem and now click on the format option. Click on the every message which will pop up wile formatting .The drive will be formatted.
    www.techarena.in

I do not want to format my drives. I am having a pen drive of Sony Company. Due to some reason i want to format my pen drive. But i am facing the problem while formatting the pen drive. When i click on the format option then it is showing the error message that "Windows is unable to complete the format". Is the problem with my pen drive or with the windows?

This is an effective and easy solution for you. Just go to the My computer --------->Right click and go to Manage--------->Device Manager ---------> Disk management-------->choose the hard dish which is having the problem --------->right click and format it. This will solve all you problems and issues of formatting the drive. So check it and try.

I would suggest you to format the whole system, because even i was facing the same problem. One of my friends suggested me to format my whole system. I formatted the system and reinstalled windows software. After reinstalling the windows i am not facing such problem. If till now your problem is not solved then you will need to format your whole system.

I am suggestion this solution for you. Try to format the drive which you want to format using the command prompt. Go to the run in the start and type the command cmd and press OK. Now in the command prompt Type ‘format’ at the command line, followed by the drive name .For example, if you want to format the D drive, type <format D:> and if you want to make a quick format then type <format D: /Q>.

I have tried formatting the drive from the command prompt. I was able to format my D drive and it did not give any kind of error to me. I thank for the one who has provided me the solution. So i advice to format the drive using the command prompt to the people who are facing this formatting problem in there system. Once again thanks.