Thread: Mouse wheel volume control and video buffer in Linux VLC

Mouse wheel volume control and video buffer in Linux VLC

I amusing Ubuntu from 2 years. Today , everything is fine , but VLC wonder a little trouble. To play videos, I use only the software but it refuses to start the videos with a buffer (which I rule 5000ms ) to get smooth playback (connection rather feeble ) . I don't know the setting of this buffer , But Ubuntu is like VLC does not take into account the parameters of the buffer. I also have issues with mouse wheel volume control , Is it a bug of VLC under Ubuntu ? Any idea?

Re: Mouse wheel volume control and video buffer in Linux VLC

Vlc has just as good a system it has to handle the flow from the internet. He has no buffer . The images come to you directly . If the flow decreases, the quality decreases , but the video continues , so with Windows Media Player if the flow decreases , the buffer takes over for a while and then the video laggue .what you can try is to revert to the default settings , turn off and restart vlc , and then change the amount of buffer. You can also check that you have such rights to write to the directory and files in $ HOME / .config / vlc.

if the video is perfect, it is better to use the Microsoft player (windows media player). If the video laggue often, it is preferable to use VLC. You have nothing to lose by testing VLC is a free software. It is quite possible to listen to web radio (as RMC) at the same time you watch a game. You will no longer comments in Chinese. The problem is that radio is in advance compared to the video. With VLC, you can synchronize the two.

The first thing to do is Ofcourse to know the address of the radio that you will use. For this tutorial, we will use the radio RMC, the link is http://213.205.96.91:9000/
    We assume of course that your streaming software is running and you cut the sound. This is the easiest method, but it does not work for all radios. Open the Video Lan Client player. Click on "File" then "Open Network Stream ...".
    In the window that appears, choose "HTTP / HTTPS / FTP / MMS" and paste the address of the radio. Then click "Ok".

• Go to the Media menu and choose 'Open Network Stream ...' or press Ctrl + N keyboard. The window "Open Media" appears.
    • You will now open a stream sent from the Internet. In the "Network" tab, you notice that the default port is 1234: keep it.
    • choose a protocol from the dropdown menu: HTTP usually agrees to WebTV.
    • In the nearby field, copy and paste the URL of the video to watch.
    • For smoother playback, scroll down and check "Show more options". An additional component appears in the window. Caching default is 1200 milliseconds: increase it to 3000 ms.
    • Click "Play" to watch your video!

I understand your disappointment I sometimes SETTINGS fonts the difference if you succeed in settling the buffer factor vlc you will be presented to you shortly sacada also regulate the size of the stream that is to say if it is less qualitée that you takes me temp machine and less bandwidth is no sacada or other bug that make it impossible.

Recently I tried the latest version of Gnash, and It Was Able to Play YouTube videos-specific (embedded gold is the website itself) quite well, It Was not Able to order 'em play full-screen and lacked support for flash Many Other elements . Not quite there yet (thanks to Adobe's Flash Hold on!) Unfortunately, Firefox accepts only one flash plugin has a Time! As a Linux user, I prefer Supporting open-source software. Howeve, Functionality IS MOST important for me And Many Other Linux users, and Unfortunately That Requires Adobe Flash Player for Linux's crappy.

You can use Personal Mouse Mover 3.1 this program to move the mouse for you gold Simulate Web browsing. From the developer: "Simulate human user working with the computer. Moves mouse as real human. presses buttons, web browser. Note: do not save your documents after PMM Was Opened started. It can write text to it! Use it to your Simulate work with the Computer When You are away from it.

Copy the address of your video file and follow the steps:
    1.Open vlc> Media> Open Network Stream
    2.Paste your link into the address box and confirm by clicking "read" (Do not touch the box protocol, this will be detected automatically.)
    3.If you want you can change the advanced settings by checking the box "Show more options". It will be possible to change the cache size and the start time and you can even read another file synchronization.