Thread: Building font cache never ends - SOLVED !

Building font cache never ends - SOLVED !

I have currently installed the v1.1.0 and just started it for the first time. At that time it was showing that it will build the font cache and after that it was showing that it will take only few minutes. I think it has to say that it will take only forever. The reason behind this is that it is never get stopped. I think it will really crash my hard disk. And now it is freezing my most of the function actually when I open this then I could barely able to open task manager to end the vlc.exe. Actually I do not have any issue with the update of this software actually I just want to know that what these VLC guys have update in this which leads to this issue. And I do not think that it is related to the older version because I have completely uninstalled it and its cache and prefs so I think it is not related to this. So what could be the reason? If anyone can fix my issue then please post your comment.

Re: Building font cache never ends - SOLVED !

Here I just want to tell you that I have also faced this issue but around nine or something twelve days back so related to my topic I have searches a lot on the Google then from there I got the link of one of the forum site and there I got the solution of this which help me and fix my issue and I think it will also fix your issue also. Can you tell me how long did you let it?

I think it takes around half an hour. And as I have mentioned in my previous post that it never get stops. And after that it starts to scratch my hard disk in the repetitive way. In this my system get hang, process get hang like that. I have attempted almost everything in that like reinstalling the VLC again but also it is not able to fix my issue. So I think now you can help me in a better way.

Here I just want to tell you that I have also faced this issue but around nine months back related to this topic then I have searched a lot on the Google then from there I got the solution of this which help me and fix my issue and I think it will also fix your issue also. How many fonts do you have in C:\Windows\Fonts?Can you tell me this as soon as it is possible for you?

I have currently 148 fonts. Actually in that there total 136 by default fonts which is came in windows XP. Actually currently I have been testing through the portable version of this but the problem is still continuing. Actually here I just want to share one thing it is that I have installed support for the east Asian languages. Maybe this is an issue for my problem?

Currently I am using windows XP sp3 professional. Actually it is just installed three days back. Because just few days back I have cleaned the older installation and after that recover this. And I have completed this by using the disk image back up. And now it is totally updated by its latest software. And I have done this via Windows Automatic Update. And I am very much sure that my pc is free from the viruses and malware.Two stuffs on my system are dissimilar from most defaulting Windows installations:
    - I have furthermore installed support for East Asian languages, which I want for language knowledge
    - For security reason, I have disable some Windows services that are typically consecutively running in the background per default
    Leave this because I do not think that there any of relation with those of the services. Because it hangs at the time of updating font cache.
    So please suggest me that what can I do regarding to fix this issue.

I am also using windows 7 home edition. And I am using this with 485 fonts. And it took 1.1 a couple of minutes in building the font cache at the time of running this for the first time. And I have not installed any type of East Asian support because I have most of the Chinese fonts which are loaded in to my system. You just visit the Microsoft site from there you have this vlc.exe and there you can access this also. And that will give you a hint that how is it working? So I think you get the idea now you just go try this.

I was also facing this but really thanks for your reply. That was really a good suggestion. From there I have got the problem. Actually over there VLC tried to read the similar font file again and again. At that time monitor told that DEVICE DATA ERROR. Actually it is happen when VLC tried to read the "batang.ttc" font. So I have removed that file from the system and this time VLC appeared to complete the job. Now it is working fine.

I have also faced the similar issue. Actually I have also done the same thing as it is mentioned here. And from there I got the solution of this actually but at the time of removing the font it get stuck there. Actually this time it was a font file i.e "mingliu.ttc". Then I have removed that file I mean that font so now VLC is working fine now.

Here my case is little bit different actually in my case when strangely it gives me DEVICE DATA ERROR. It is because of that I am able to read, open, copy or move those files within Windows and I am able to do this without a single of problem. So now I am able to open those of the fonts in the font viewer or otherwise try to use them in a text processor and find no errors. But if VLC tries to read them, then there's this error. So I think now you will get my point so please help me.