Thread: Vlc-plugin 1.0.5-5 no controls and does'nt play apple.com

Vlc-plugin 1.0.5-5 no controls and does'nt play apple.com

I am using VLC that is a free software known for its ability to play audio and video files in most formats. Know that it contains many other unknown features , including the ability to remotely control via multiple protocols (HTTP, RC , ...). But the problem with my VLC is taht Vlc-plugin 1.0.5-5 no controls and doesn't play music from apple.com. Please help.

Re: Vlc-plugin 1.0.5-5 no controls and does'nt play apple.com

On Windows , it will go to the menu Tools - > Preferences , it will then have the option to All Settings . Then we'll go in Interface - > Main interfaces and we activate the option HTTP. It will then edit the file . hostname VLC and we add the list of all addresses IP authorized to access the web interface :
    C: \ Program Files \ VideoLAN \VLC\ Http \ . hosts
    Attention to restart the software will be necessary to take into account all the changes .

To use the Web interface VLC, Simply connect remotely with a web browser to port 8080 of the machine:

http://192.168.1.100:8080

You need to check the settings are : " realtime " sample rate " and " frame per period "
    realtime : the default option is consistency . On a kernel of Spring , no troubles in sight : that makes possible by default to run with Jack this option .
    Sample rate " default position 48000 , adjust it to suit your sound card (44100 enough for most uses common here and we will match the most single -board sound cards ).

I do not know if it'll work with you but me it worked : So you go on " windows media player "in options, there is an icon plug - ins " in " class "you choose " Background " checkmarks and you plug -in personal message MSN Messenger Music. You simply because you had activated, but they have not done. For this reason you do not see their music. It must have activated .

Install Audacious and its plugins , and VLC plugin for the jack , it's in Synaptic . Then, in each of the software, configure the audio output jack (very important if you leave them on Pulse Audio , the test will not work ). Lance Jack Control , start jackd , and launches patching (if installed it, you'll see, it's convenient ) . Then starts ( or relaunching) Audacious and VLC , and ask them to read music . If you see them appear in patching , but they are not connected to the output of the sound card , do it, it's pretty intuitive, you'll see, just click on the output of the software and then click on audio output , a line appears and it's good.

The MP4A for sound (also called AAC ) AC must be a version of mpeg4 France 2 (either the HD or is the low bandwidth version ). The version mpeg2 France 2 uses the MP2 ( or also referred to as MPEG ) for audio and should not produce such a message. In principle VLC also works with the AC MP4A but we need the library " libfaac "which must be set beforehand. You can try adding this library with your distribution and after ca march maybe. Normally it must recompile vlc after libfaac installs but I do not know exactly how it manages with your distribution. Maybe I am just adding to this library will suffice.

I also tested VLC - 0.9.3 and recently also VLC - 0.9.4 ( from source by compiling it myself ) . Basically it works but for me it is still very far from being able to replace the version vlc - 0.8.6i I currently use ( I install all these different versions in trees to test a new version without turning the old). There are big problems for my playlists DTT (to use my PC tuner ) and also play mpeg2 files with AC3 audio track still poses real problems . Nor have I appreciated more than ca - me strength to install Qt4 , something huge (1 GB and 4 GB of binary in the source folder after three hours of compiling) because with the vlc - 0.9.x Old interface wx does not work anymore .

I guess the plugins for the binary version of VLC has been compiled to static number, ie one who compiles vlc to Mandriva libraries had on his machine but was integrated on vlc respondent (ie the vlc plugins ), so as steatite who installs AC does not need to install it these same libraries. This manifere plugins that are larger compared to a dynamic compilation. In that case, should theoretically ca walk with MP4A but the compilation process can be broken at Mandriva . So wait for a new home SHIFT to correct and re ca " urpmi vlc " is at this time .

In Linux it may be difficult to install vlc or even if it compiles and if it is the first time but once the system is well prepared that works very well. Some minute download the sources, unpack , run the compilation and after waiting 15-20 minutes for the compilation ends. Regarding the functioning of vlc , once installed , the Linux even walk much better , especially the famous cut image problem after 30 seconds with the multiposition is specific versions vlc - 0.8.6g , h I Windows and Mac but no Linux problem . Also those who claim to have problems with multiposition vlc - 0.9.x , it works correctly in Linux .