Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    64

    How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    From last two month I am using windows 7 of 32-bit operating system and currently I have just updated from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5. Actually in this I mean on my old version in that if I clicked two times on the any of video file it is working properly but in the newer version when I clicked on any of the video file it is automatically switches toward a Direct 3D output. And in that I am also not able to look to obtain the control buttons on the screen. Please anybody tell me how to fix this problem. And do not suggest me to re install the old version.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,644

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Some days back I have solved the same problem which is also posted by some of the user. Actually he was also getting the same problem. So regarding this I got a perfect answer from one of the forum site. But the problem is that he was getting all these on the windows XP operating system. You also check or just give the try I think it will also help you in your case also. You just remove the %appdata%\vlc folder.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    161

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    I am also using the same operating system that is windows 7. But the problem is the same which is mentioned in the thread. I have the same issue. And I have tried that advice which is given above but the problem is that I am not able to get the folder which is mentioned here. If anybody have other solution then please help me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,644

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    I know this that some of them will not able to get that folder very soon. But I think in last you will get that. But do not worry I know how to solve this issue also. So I think you just try this in finally you will get that. You just open the windows Explorer and go to run and there you just type %appdata%\vlc there and press Enter. And finally you will get that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,319

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Here, I am also facing the same issue. And regarding this I have searched a lot also but not able to get the correct or you can say that perfect solution. But when I came to this forum site then I have seen some of the replies which is given by Eric. So finally I think it will solve my issue. So I have decided to do that but I just want to inform you that I am also using the windows XP and I have tried your solution but it does not make any of the big difference. If you have any other solution for this question then please tries to post it as soon as it is possible for you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Hey do not worry regarding this because I have got the solution of this. Because like you I have also faced this issue but around two months ago. At that time I have searched a lot regarding this and finally after the two hours of searching I got the solution of this from one of the forum site. Actually there is no any vlc.exe which is running in the background at the time when you try to remove the folder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    79

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Same here also I mean that I am also facing the same issue around two days back. Actually I came to know regarding this when I try to play one of the video at that time know that this problem which is occurring. Hey I just forget to tell you one thing that I am not using vlc software that means it is occurring on other media players. I am using windows vista if you have any solution then please post it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,758

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Hi I am also suffering with the same issue. Actually I am actually facing this issue from last three months? In my case also VLC keeps opening up in the Direct3D output. I have tried the above solution which is given by the Eric. I have tried it by removing the folder but it is not able to fix my issue. So please if anyone knows how to fix this then please help me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    And after this you just select “All” for the “Show setting”. And doing all these you just go to the video and then output modules and in that you just select example direct video from the drop down list. And there you just press save and restart VLC. And after doing all these open up VLC one more time and this time it should playback videos by using that output module.

  10. #10
    gigilatrottola Guest

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    thx for the trick with the App folder.
    using win7 64 ultimate

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Quote Originally Posted by Algonkin View Post
    And after this you just select “All” for the “Show setting”. And doing all these you just go to the video and then output modules and in that you just select example direct video from the drop down list. And there you just press save and restart VLC. And after doing all these open up VLC one more time and this time it should playback videos by using that output module.
    This is what I have been looking for thank you. Couple of thing I would like to point out (and be more specific) is that you, to get to the right area, you go: Ctrl+P (to get into the preferences) then in the bottom left corner there is a show settings bit-you change that to "All". Then in the left hand area there should be: Advanced, Audio, Input/Codecs, Interface, Playlist, Stream output and then Video. Click on the plus next to the Video and this should drop down into Filters, Output modules and Subtitles/OSD. Then you click on output modules and the screen to the right of it should show "Choose your preferred video output and configure it here" and underneath it it should have something like this: Video output module: then on the other side of the screen is a drop down menu: Open that and it should show: Default, YUV video output, Windows GDI video output, Video memory output, Dummy video output, Statistics video output, OpenGL video output, DirectX Video output, Direct 3D video output, 2D video output and Color ASCII art video output. It is normally set to "Default" But you need to set it to "OpenGL". Then just restart VLC and there we go - the problem is fixed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    sikkim, india
    Posts
    1

    idea Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Open vlc > go to tools on top > Preferences > video > go to output select direct 2d video output..... thts it all done enjoy the show..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Quote Originally Posted by D.S.K View Post
    Open vlc > go to tools on top > Preferences > video > go to output select direct 2d video output..... thts it all done enjoy the show..
    It's strange how I've seen this same answer posted repeatedly along with the "delete your entire appdata directory" and "reset all your preferences", none of which work when you have a video with multiple video streams. I've used vlc for years and never had a problem until now when a video had two video streams. Suddenly vlc opens a giant oversized direct3d output window that's completely choppy on my laptop, then behind the window is the same video playing in the interface, also choppy, both streams 1920x1080. Nevermind how archaic-looking, I can't imagine anyone making use of this.

    Of the alleged fixes, I've tried deleting my entire appdata directory which did nothing except lose all my prefs, i tried hitting "w" (wallpaper mode) twice, I tried resetting prefs in the menu, I tried changing to Direct2D which freezes the Direct3D output window so you can't close it at all. The only thing that actually works with two video streams is to right click on the vid and go to video->video track->disable, then click video->video track->track 1. That gets rid of the D3D window. But who wants to do this every time? There must be some way to tell VLC when a video has 2 streams to only play 1 stream.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,297

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Quote Originally Posted by Uter View Post
    It's strange how I've seen this same answer posted repeatedly along with the "delete your entire appdata directory" and "reset all your preferences", none of which work when you have a video with multiple video streams. I've used vlc for years and never had a problem until now when a video had two video streams. Suddenly vlc opens a giant oversized direct3d output window that's completely choppy on my laptop, then behind the window is the same video playing in the interface, also choppy, both streams 1920x1080. Nevermind how archaic-looking, I can't imagine anyone making use of this.

    Of the alleged fixes, I've tried deleting my entire appdata directory which did nothing except lose all my prefs, i tried hitting "w" (wallpaper mode) twice, I tried resetting prefs in the menu, I tried changing to Direct2D which freezes the Direct3D output window so you can't close it at all. The only thing that actually works with two video streams is to right click on the vid and go to video->video track->disable, then click video->video track->track 1. That gets rid of the D3D window. But who wants to do this every time? There must be some way to tell VLC when a video has 2 streams to only play 1 stream.
    Can you try to open Windows Explorer or go to Start > Run and then type %appdata%\vlc in the Run and press Enter.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2

    Re: How to stop Automatic Direct3D Output

    Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Can you try to open Windows Explorer or go to Start > Run and then type %appdata%\vlc in the Run and press Enter.
    Why? If you mean to delete all files in the appdata directory, I've already done that and it didn't change anything except reset vlc to default. VLC is playing all the video streams present at once, and as far as I can tell from researching this for the last few days there is no option to only play one stream by default.

Similar Threads

  1. How to Stop Automatic Redirect
    By Aagman in forum Technology & Internet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-09-2011, 06:07 AM
  2. How to prevent VLC from spawning new Direct3D output windows
    By jAYASENA in forum Windows Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 10:14 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-11-2010, 04:19 PM
  4. How to stop automatic driver installation
    By Sergeo in forum Operating Systems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM
  5. how do i stop automatic dialup
    By Richard B Rufus in forum Networking & Security
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •