Thread: Issue with Windows 7 and Freebox HOME TV

Issue with Windows 7 and Freebox HOME TV

I am using windows 7 and VLC media player , i want to connect the VLC media player to the web to watch French TV with the Free box modem. But it is not bee able to do so because there is problem regarding my OS, I am not sure that it is regarding My OS only but initially when i was using WIN XP SP2 then I was able to watch the TV i don't know why it is not able to connect the TV can any one help me out of it.

Re: Issue with Windows 7 and Freebox HOME TV

If you were doing the same thing i win XP SP2 then you must be able to do with the windows 7 also , It is not that you will directly get the same as it was in win XP SP2 you need to also do some system changes, i will not say there is any thing wrong regarding your OS cause it must be the Issue of compatibility Just do one thing check the settings and make the possible changes.

I was facing the similar type of problem few days ago just do one thing that just change the settings of the VLC log verbosity and set the verbosity to value 2. These setting will help win 7 to connect with the freebook and will enable you to view the French TV. These are the values of Verbosity:-
    -1= Disable
    0= info
    1= error
    2= warning
    3= debug

I have gone through your problem and i guess that you have done something wrong with VLC and then you have to just co and correct it. Just go to the tools section and then settings of the VLC and then recover it. Also you can do one thing just clear the cache memory of VLC and also reboot the free box. Then Might the problem may be get solved there you have to check whether the problem is fixed or not if not then try it again and reboot it again hope you will get the result.

Yes you can solve it , I was also having the same problem a week before then i just changed a few settings then it was started automatically. Now you have to do just one thing that go to the media players list do not use the m3u list and select the discovery services and then open the menu and then the playlist and click on the channels. You will get which ever channel you want to watch. Enjoy watching those channels.

If you are not able to watch the frech tv then just do one thing there may be a problem with your VLC media player then just do one thing do uninstall the VLC and then again reinstall the newer and the latest version of the Of VLC, Hope this one will be compatible with the win7. And will help you in watching the French TV

If you are not able to watch the videos just contact the service provider , There might be the chances that some of its settings then you have to just contact and fix the problem . The service provide may charge you because these settings does not comes under their condition or their protocol.

You can solve this problem by following the below step:
    1. open VLC media player and go to >file > then open a file > "http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u" advanced.
    2. you have to create a note pad that to a txt file for e.g. you can give name such as "nit.m3U" do not forget to give extension .m3u, then after that just save the above link that is the url in the same text file.
    3. After that right click> open the program select > "select the file you want to play" .

This problem can be solved by a new management interface has appeared in TV housings Freebox V4 and V5. Lighter, easier to read, it greatly facilitates access to audio and video of the ISP. And many new functions that are available and the system also needs it for the compatibility issues. Then do just one thing try the same thing with the another browser i guess it will help you.

Once try one thing that the Freebox just reboot it , And once you done with then check the vlc player is properly plugged with the win7 or not, If not then do one thing just also install the win Xp SP2 also so that if it is not compatible with it it will for sure work in XP SP 2. Hope this one will help you. And if not then again install the windows 7. I think that atleast this will help you.