Thread: VLC 0.8.6a won't disable screensaver

VLC 0.8.6a won't disable screensaver

I am using Windows Vista, I have found limitless number of forums and exact regarding the topic. There has been an answer using terminal which actually not working proper. The other result is by 'deleting preferences' which actually not disable/remove the quality. Any solutions regarding this problem may be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: VLC 0.8.6a won't disable screensaver

Hi, the problem is very simple you can troubleshoot this problem with yourself. Ok, can you let me know which version of VLC media player (Video LAN Client) did you are using on your computer system? Are you using the old version of VLC player on your computer system with the Windows Vista or not.

Thank you for your suggestion, I am using the VLC media player (Video LAN Client) version 0.8.5 along with my Windows Vista on my computer system. So can you suggest me which way will be good for me to solve this problem from my computer system. Do you have anyone please suggest me the beneficial one.

Yeah, I think the version 0.8.5 you are using is old enough so you can go for the new version of the VLC media player 0.8.6 for your personal use. This might help you to solve your problem which you are facing. I hope this will remove your problem from your computer system and then you can use the VLC media player from your computer system.

Hi, I have the same trouble which you are facing. I have tried the above given suggestion given and I have changed my VLC media player to the new version but the same is occurring on my computer system. I am using Microsoft Window XP in on my system. So anyone do have any idea that may help me out from this problem which I am facing for.
    Last edited by Glenny; 21-09-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Hi, to solve this problem you can open your files from VLC, not from right clicking the mouse and then explorer. I have also gone through this but that was precisely my concern. It still attaches them as Recent Documents of the computer system. And then I have open VLC media player, within the VLC media player, I have open the files.

Hi, I have done the same procedure as you have done for getting the screen saver of VLC media player enable on your computer system. I didn’t get it and am I having the same again so can you suggest me what step will be correct to proceed this steps further. I think there must be more step to get this problem correct.

Hi, you are correct the step to proceed further there are some more step and then you will able to sort out this problem from your computer system. The step you have to follow after the above given is to just add it from going into Start Menu and then Recent Documents. After that you will able to access your VLC media player and able to view the Windows which has been opened video screen.

Hi, I am also facing the same one which is in front of you I have also tried it out many of time but the same I was unable to view my screensaver. Will my screensaver encounter and stop videos while using the VLC media player in full screen on my computer system. I have view all the settings and the option of "disable screensaver" box is seen as checked but it is not working. What will the desire step for this I am running Window XP.

I have sort out this trouble this can be removed by going through some specific way. The way you can use is by going to the Preferences option of the VLC media player > then check the "Advanced options" of video should be checked and at last the option of "Disable screensaver" will become available. Then you can able to access it.