Thread: VLC can't recognize the input's format

VLC can't recognize the input's format

Recently I have purchased a brand new computer with all the latest configuration, And i have also installed VLC media player in my system for viewing all kind of videos, as suggested by some of my friend i did so cause i was not able to view some formats of videos in my normal media player, So i was willing to use VLC. And also i am new towards these VLC technology. Yesterday when I was playing a movie in VLC media player and the file was not failed and a strange error message pop up saying that "VLC can't recognize the input's format" The video file which i am trying to run is an avi format file. And when i tried to run the different movie of same format it again gave me the error but the error message was different it was saying that "the format...cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details".

Re: VLC can't recognize the input's format

It is good that you are moving to the new and latest technology the VLC player is designed to to play files that are not being played or generally being failed in normal windows Media player . I can't solve this problem without seeing this file. Can you share the file with me with so that i can analyze the file or identify any problem persist in it.

Ok first of all i am thank full to you that you are thinking about my problem, And also i am sorry to say that I am new to this and really i am new to using computer. So i don't know that how to share that particular file, If possible tell me how to do it, And also tell me that is the avi file format is supported by VLC or not , Because it is visible in my friends computer. And we also have the same configuration.

Its fine, I can understand that why you cant share the file, Now do one thing, As informed by you that it is properly played in your friends computer , I guess that the installation of your VLC is not done properly, Or rather i would say that It is being corrupted, because the VLC media player is quite capable of playing such file formats, So do one thing just uninstall the VLC and reinstall it again, And if possible please install the updated and the latest version of VLC.

I guess that there must be something wrong in your VLC player settings, So to overcome it you have to reinstall the new and the latest one , If still it fails then You have to just check out with your windows settings, These files are available on the program files of your system drive. Hope you will do this and your problem will be solved.

I have gone through your problem and I believe that there is nothing wrong in your VLC player, Even I was facing the same problem , There was the same error as you are being displayed, So do one thing just check out with the same file name of the file name of your video file but with the .txt extension and just delete that file.

Some times It also happen there is the conflicts between on the file with the same and the file which the VLC has taken in to play must be a file with some another extension . So it will not be able to play that file , The solution to this is just to find that file and delete it permanently or just change the name of either of the files.This problem is normally occurred when there some duplication of file and then the the wrong extension file is being selected by the VLC player , So first of all I will suggest you to just check the type of file by the tool called media info , This will tool will help you to identify the type of file, And then you can easily run the file.

These problem is normally occurred when the video file is corrupted or the file is not properly installed, These files sometimes get affected by the viruses and then you have to scan it by any anti virus and then check if the file is playable or not. This may happen to any system that the files are affected by the viruses and some time they get corrupted and are not usable. Some virus also change the extension of the file which make the file useless.

I have also gone through your problem it seems to me that the file format you are running that or you are try run is not compatible with VLC, Then just check the file type. Or go to the tools of the VLC player in that settings and check the check box saying “keep output stream open”