Thread: Norton Ghost 15: Hidden and / or system files not backed up?

Norton Ghost 15: Hidden and / or system files not backed up?

I am gonna take back up by using the Norton Ghost 15 but i want to ask you something that does this will ignore hidden and / or system files while taking the backup. Then if i would wish to recover the entire system from scratch then would it be possible? Will this make Windows 7 loosing all its settings. Do anybody has some experience related to this?

Re: Norton Ghost 15: Hidden and / or system files not backed up?

Apparently there are two partitions, so I assume that contains the system and other data. It is therefore unnecessary to backup data on the same partition. You just make a backup of the partition system, which should be fairly light. To do this, go to Tasks tab-> Run or manage backups, and create a new restore point by selecting backup of my computer, next, then select the drive containing the partition system.

In addition to saving space, he would choose to increase the compression ratio, which is feasible in 3 screens further by compression on high. Furthermore, it should perform backups at a time interval greater, making everyday will obviously increase the volume very quickly. It must also ensure that there is only one backup. To delete old backups, go to the Tools-> Manage backup destinations, select the backups to delete and click delete.

Norton Ghost 15 provides the following features out of which you can use many by which you can confirm that which files are considered to backed up such as search for backup files.
    1. Full backup system - Backs up everything on a hard drive or partition
    2. File and Folder backup - Choose only the specific files and folders that you want to save rather than saving an entire drive. Ideal for archiving old files
    3. The effective backup - Incremental backups to your system to maximize space and save time - no need to restart
    4. The search for backup files - browser interface allows you to quickly find archived files
    5. Integration of Google Desktop - Searchable backup indexes makes recovering your data even faster.

The new version of the image backup solution provides several improvements including a complete compatibility with Windows 7, and especially with the Bitlocker encryption feature. The program for Norton Ghost 15, there is also the possibility of cold backups without installing the software first or the support of Blu-ray.