Thread: help with installing itunes c:\program files\mozilla firefox

help with installing itunes c:\program files\mozilla firefox

Friend I have bought new ipod therefore I want to download itune but I am not able to do that. Whenever I try to download the setup for iTune, I get the error message. The error message contains "c:\program files\mozilla firefox\defaults\pref\itms.js". I keep on getting this message and I am not able to download the setup. I am using Firefox. Can you tell me what should I do to complete the installation process? Any help from anybody will be appreciative. Thanks to all in advance.

Re: help with installing itunes c:\program files\mozilla firefox

If you are using the Firefox then you it will always download the files to a default location say to desktop. It depends on your operating system. If your downloading fails then it may be problem with the location where you are downloading the files. You should change the destination folder. To do that you should go to Tools > Option and under "Main / Downloads” you have to select “Save files to” and browse the location.

As you told about the error message C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\itms.js. I think that this is any file that the iTune has installed on the Firefox folder. This is not the file that comes with the Firefox and I think it may be added later. you should have admin privileges if you want to install any program in Vista and Windows 7. If you are the normal user other then Admin then you can not install the software.

I think you have to clear the download history of from Firefox menu. Go .to Tools > Download and click on clean up or clear list to delete the download history. If this does not help you then you can go for manual delete.
    Here are the steps for manual deleting:
    1. Close Firefox completely.
    2. Open Firefox profile folder.
    3. Delete the downloads.rdf file

You should change or I can say reset system Internet security settings. You can set settings for the Internet zone to default level. Just go to Control Panel -> Internet Options or you can also Start -> Run -> inetcpl.cpl -> OK. This will open Internet Properties. Now click on security tab and select Internet zone and there you click on "Default level". This can do the trick. Restart the Firefox and try to download.

This is download error because the <filename> cannot be saved. The source file can not be read. You should try after some time. You should contact your administration. This may occur if your connection to server gets interrupted during download. You should make sure that you are connected to internet and again try to download.

Which antivirus you are using? Because your antivirus may be opposing the download. You close all the applications and disable the antivirus while downloading the setup. Make sure that you are accessing any other site than that because it may cause serious problem. After the entire setup downloaded successfully you can enable the antivirus again.