Thread: Fedora 13 VLC crashes

Fedora 13 VLC crashes

In recent days, VLC media player crashes on fedora 11 about half an hour when I look at one of the chains Freebox multistation . I also tried Ave ADSL TV: same problem .Is this a problem of virtual memory or graphics memory (128 MB) ? I also noticed that when I install a new kernel version higher when I boot it with crashes at the stage where we must login to access the desktop. If someone can give me information, I said thank you in advance.

Re: Fedora 13 VLC crashes

Under Fedora 10 , the package provided no longer work with VLC root mode . I will not spend my time looking for a hack which will allow me to bypass the obstacle . I will not break my head to recompile with the switch ad hoc. Well, never mind ! I just installed mplayer, smplayer and KPlayer . Too bad for Vlc and ayatollahs in package Fedora 10 that have decided what was good and bad for others ! This view is contrary to my principles and that feeling of freedom we feel when we work on Linux. Free them from shooting themselves in the foot.

Fedora 11 free driver new is used by default instead of nv. It implements some changes planned by developers of server Xorg (The graphical server ), as the screen layout in kernel mode ( kernel mode setting "or KMS) . This implies that the module is loaded relatively early in the process of system startup . For this reason , it is possible to find the module nouveau.ko directly into the kernel image ( initrd ), loaded at startup. To prevent re-enter into conflict with nvidia , it is necessary to put new blacklisted : Add = New rdblacklist as an option to the kernel in the file / boot / grub / grub.conf.

I used keep vid to download and view videos in FLV format. But it was a little long my handling. With the release of VLC 1.1 it is now possible to watch videos directly on your VLC and without flash installed. In this article I will show you how to install and use Fedora. The software still being not available in Fedora repositories. You must first
    Code:
    install the deposit kwizart
    su-c ' yum install - nogpgcheck '
    Then, install or have the updated VLC with :
    Code:
    a su-c ' yum install vlc '
    su - c ' yum update vlc '

VLC -0.9.3 is available for Fedora . Warning , this version uses dependencies deposit rpmfusion (Not yet officially open ) The last days is therefore reserved for experienced users. The deposit rpmfusion still do not understand all the dependencies of third deposits . It lacks such freshrpms packages so that any packets livna and dribble are almost all imported. It is possible to have dependency errors when livna packages have not yet been compiled for rpmfusion.

By default, rpmfusion for Fedora 8 and 9 uses vlc - 0.8.7 which is the " preview " of the branch 0.8.6 - bugfix not officially maintained by the VideoLAN team . So the question is whether the version 0.9.3 is very mature and does not lead to regression of other applications using VLC . This would justify an upgrade for a stable version of Fedora , especially for Fedora 9 (Fedora 8 rather stay in 0.8.7 ) . Moreover, the preparation of packages for RHEL and CentOS repository following his progress , the question also arises in this case .