Thread: Problems playing Sony Handycam AVCHD m2ts files

Problems playing Sony Handycam AVCHD m2ts files

Using Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V, to record some HD videos. Well I had no problem in recording, and if I would have had that I would have made the post in the other section. I am now finding it difficult to play the videos in the computer. I have tried the VLC player, but the video is choppy. I have found that the full HD videos have 60 fps and are in .mts file format. Can anyone here suggest me how can I play the HD videos on the VLC.

Re: Problems playing Sony Handycam AVCHD m2ts files

I do not know if this is happening to me only. I have Mac OS on my notebook. I have read the post above and I think that the one above is using Windows, I am finding it difficult to play the AVCHD movie files on my system. While ypou all here will be suggesting the solution I would also like you all to consider this point as well. Yes the format of the files are .mts and .m2ts. Please help. Thanks in advanced.

Filomena, have you all tried VLC player. If the VLC media play gives you the HX5V .mts video, however with pixelation or interlaces, you can fine-tune VLC to see if the video playback on VLC is ideal with no interlacing. Just play the video as normal videos. If you have Mac, then simply right click on the player and choose Video then Deinterlace and at last choose the options such as Discard, Blen, Mean, Bob, Linear, X.

I have two options, you can go with any one of them on as per your convenience. If you wish to play the AVCHD files then you can use VLC or Toast Player. First of download VLC Player and start playing the AVCHD movies. You may need iLife 08 for the assistance. Also you can use the Toast Player. Toast 9 or 10 is capable of playing AVCHD files superbly. There is an advantage of Toast, it can perform the translation of .mts and .m2ts files to any other format you like at faster rates.