Thread: Using VLC to watch TV

Using VLC to watch TV

Have a laptop from Aspire. I am happy with it. No problem, yet with it. Now the only one more thing that I wanted it to do was watch little TV on this. So, to do that I bought Freecom DVB-T USB stick, well it ran successfully when I was running it under Linux, but now when I have Arch on the laptop, I trie4d installing it on it. This time however it did not start for me. I was very disappointed with this. As I had no problem with it when I had installed it on the other laptop that was running, Ubuntu. I am not able to run it on Arch. Any suggestion regarding this.

Re: Using VLC to watch TV

I also wanted to have this feature for me on the computer. I have read regarding this and I have found that VLC has a part to play role in this. Well I am not confirmed about this but I am sure that this should work. I was just surfing and searching for some other problem regarding the VLC and there I found a topic saying VLC to watch TV , however now when I went there, I could not find anything like this anymore. Is here anyone who can instruct us regarding this.

Yes it is true that using VLC we can watch TV. I did not miss that article. I even tried what the article said. After following that article I now feel like asking if VLC is the viable app for watching TV? I had AIW Radeon 8500, pretty good card. I tried each and every thing that the article said, but could not make VLC run the videos. VLC does not have problem in recognizing the card, but when it comes to play the video, it just plays the file but with only sound and no video to watch. What is going on? Why can not VLC play the file. Help.

If you all want to watch the Television using the VLC Player you can just follow the simple steps below:
    • First of all launch the VLC.
    • After this go to View, in that go to Playlist.
    • In the Playlist you will have to select Manage and after that go for Staff Identification selection.
    • Once you are done with all this, you will have to select Shoutcast TV panel.

If you are not able to find this in your VLC, then make sure that you are having the latest VLC version and if not then you can go for the upgradation.

From your post I think that you are getting an interlaced issue for the videos. I would suggest you to start the streaming by enabling deinterlace. You can add the following code to the command line while you are trying to open the file using VLC. Please try this and see if this helps. --vout-filter deinterlace --deinterlace-mode blend.