Thread: Soverlay broken after version 0.8.6a

Soverlay broken after version 0.8.6a

I have comprised and been transcoding DVB streams by means of VLC player and this consignment script: "c:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 --sub-track=1 --sout-transcode-deinterlace :sout=#transcode{fps=25,no-hurry-up,vcodec=mp2v,vb=3064,acodec=mp2a,ab=196,scale=1,channels=2,audio-sync,soverlay}:standard{mux=ps,dst=%1.mpg,access=file} vlc:quit. The suggestion is to burn the dvb subtitles into the video stream. This works extremely well by means of version or description 0.8.6a if I utilize mp2v codec. By means of h264 codec, aac audio and mp4 container subtitles are a mess. I encompass tested more than a few newer VLC versions or descriptions containing the most recent nightly build (vlc-1.0.0-git-20080912-0006-win32.exe) additional than it seems that soverlay is not running subsequent to version or description 0.8.6a. Or am I doing something wrong.

Re: Soverlay broken after version 0.8.6a

This is the subtitles encoder section that determine to be used (and its associated alternative). Overlays this permits you to add overlays (in addition recognized as "su***ctures" on the transcoded video stream. The su***ctures twisted by the filters determine to be overlayed unswervingly onto the video. You be obliged to specify a comma-separated register of su***cture modules.

My tests demonstrate that the soverlay is not out of order, in that additional formats by means of subs are combined by means of the picture. In addition if you utilize your batch file by means of your illustration and desire sub track 1 the teletext is combined by means of the picture, thus proving that the soverlay function runs. I guess the big query remainder is what this sub (format) and why it is not being predictable by the transcoder.

The tribulations here might be by means of DVB subs that are not being collective correctly on the other hand each front end I encompass (2) for Directshow says there are no subs present by means of your illustration file. I be familiar with that teletext is not sustained or maintained by these front ends other than DVB subs are. This was unwavering using graph edit and doing an inspection of the file. Perceptibly there are subs surrounded by your test file. So I set up the transcode for VLC to do the entire elementary streams, other than merely the teletext came across.

If you have given that formats additional than DVB are being written to representation throughout the transcode the soverlay function is not out of order. It is additional probable that changes were made to the DVB section and that merely this format is exaggerated. 0.9.2 Be supposed to be the right one for testing. Merely alternative that comes to my mind is track the revolutionize that made this in 0.8.6 I did some tests by means of builds vlc-0.9.3-git-win32.exe and vlc-1.0.0-git-20080919-0711-win32.exe.

I be able to confirm this tribulations by means of DVB subtitles is actually present on together win32 and Linux platforms. Overlaying DVB subtitles to video prior re-encoding runs up to 0.8.6a and fails on 0.8.6b and the entire presently versions containing number of nightly builds picked haphazardly connecting 0.8.6b and those built on most recent night. I went from side to side patches connecting 0.8.6a and 0.8.6b on Linux (FC10) and managed to pinpoint problematic patch.

Is it probable to restrain ads on a browser VLC player similar to the method it is seen on flash players. Similar to a diminutive image overlay or incredible. In flash when you play a video you be able to observe an ad image materializing from the bottom (or a number of additional corner) of the screen. Be able to that be completed on the VLC plugin. I remember having tried the second technique (using sout at the similar time), other than do not remember having successes using logo unswervingly from the plugin. If you successes, let me be familiar with it.