Thread: mpc files not playing anymore in VLC with Mac

mpc files not playing anymore in VLC with Mac

I am using a Macbook and tried to play a number of format in the VLC player and they all worked expect the mpc that is the "musepack". These was working on vlc 0.9.9a under the operating system X 10.4 and on vlc 0.9.4 under the Ubuntu 8.10 but now it is not playing in any of them. So, please tell me what to do to play the mpc format in the vlc which are installed in the Macbook, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: mpc files not playing anymore in VLC with Mac

Last month i also was suffering from the same problem and then i downloaded the vlc 1.0 version from the vlc website and then played the mosepack (mpc) format files and it played quiet good in my Macbook. So, you can try these method to get the mpc files working in the Macbook.

The mpc files doesn't play in the MacOS X intel most of the time as it is not supported by the operating system. If you want to play the mpc files then you have to change the version of the vlc and try with a number of the versions, you might get one that play these kind of the files or change the operating system as it plays in Windows operating system.

The perfect solution for these problem is that you have to download a fresh copy of the vlc from the website, which will play all the format as there is a document on the website that says it plays each and every format that you have in the Mac X OS. So, download the vlc and install the application and restart the notebook to see the changes.

MPC/FLAC formats are new and the older versions of the vlc does not play it in many scenarios so download a patch file from the vlc website and update the vlc player these will play the mpc format in the Mac X OS. These is the solution available for these kind of the formats to play in the Mac.

The mpc files plays in all the latest versions of the vlc so there may be a problem in the vlc files that you are using it might get corrupted. Then download a fresh copy of the vlc from the website and then try it , if the problem then too exists then there is a problem in your operating system; reinstall the operating system for better performance.