Thread: Macbook Pro: Need driver for Minolta magicolor 2300DL

Macbook Pro: Need driver for Minolta magicolor 2300DL

I am having the Minolta magicolor 2300DL printer which i wanted to make working with the Macbook Pro but the problem is that i am unable to find the compatible drive for the Mac OS. I have checked Apple site but the problem is that i did not get anything there. So if you are having then solution then please help me with the same. Thank you.

Re: Macbook Pro: Need driver for Minolta magicolor 2300DL

I have searched for the Minolta 2300DL drive for long hour but there is no driver for the same is available. I have come to know that the driver for the same is nor ye available but if you wanted to make the same device working on the Mac Os then go to the Minolta 2300DL printer site and look for the compatible driver.

Common Unix Printing System ( Printing System Common Unix , abbreviated CUPS) Is a modular printing system Operating Systems type UNIX that allows a computer to act as print server. A computer running CUPS acts as a server that can accept print jobs from other computers clients, Processes them and sends them to the appropriate print server . CUPS consists of a spooler with planner, a filter system that converts print data into formats that the printer knows, and support system that sends data to the printing device .

CUPS is the software you use to print from applications like the web browser you are using to read this page. It converts the page descriptions produced by your application (put a paragraph here, draw a line there, and so forth) into something your printer can understand and then sends the information to the printer for printing.

Now, since every printer manufacturer does things differently, printing can be very complicated. CUPS does its best to hide this from you and your application so that you can concentrate on printing and less on how to print. Generally, the only time you need to know anything about your printer is when you use it for the first time, and even then CUPS can often figure things out on its own.

Source: Cups.org