Thread: "Building Font Cache" stuck at 20% at VLC

"Building Font Cache" stuck at 20% at VLC

I downloaded the latest version of VLC 1.1.0 but impossible to play a video file. the interface of glasses is an undeniably compared to VLC , and away from the roots of video player to go to a media manager. Glasses scans your Movies folder ( you can add other folders) , and class files as they are movies, TV shows, or videos. When i play the video file "Building Font Cache" stuck at 20% at VLC. Please help.

Re: "Building Font Cache" stuck at 20% at VLC

An AS3 Command line executable (made with redtamarin) allow quickly generate fonts cache. A binary file format used to serve fast small amount of font data (optionaly a format used to storage data). Use it to add more supported fonts for build in test (Waterfall demo). For generate font cache files simply use console: fcgen embed_fonts.swf (or use --help for display help), put generated files (by default *.foncache) in fontcache folder and update fontlist.xml.

I am not fun to compile the SVN version as I already had 0.8.2 installed on my system. (Compiled for AMD64 Gentoo ) . I made a quick detour on Windows, I saw that VLC is installed in the folder " vlc " of FreePlayer .Download vlc- 0.8.2 - win32.zip on the site of VLC , and decompress the file in your FreePlayer . (Keeping the same File Browser ). Normally it should work without problem.

If you have use VLC, you can open your video , wait until it starts, then open it again and then close the first VLC, it will work . Otherwise , the simplest is as was said above right-click the red diamond in the thumbnail box and change the window decorator for KWin or Metacity. The trick that I have given for VLC will not work with a playlist, unfortunately , so if for example it is to watch the Free multistation home must change the window decorator , otherwise KPlayer or Xine are of excellent alternatives.

VLC is open source is free, it's also available for Windows and several other software platforms , and it works , period. Look no more 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. , VLC can play almost all types of files, including file streaming (streaming) . Personally, I can not imagine a computer without VLC . A machine with VLC, it's like a day without coffee , one week without that you can not read my ramblings.

Even if the original VLC is compatible with a large number of platforms , for its part VLVC is compatible with Windows , Debian and Ubuntu , at least officially . In practice, other Linux distributions are compatible , but developers have not tested. With regard to Mac users by cons , there is no specific version for OS X. To further clarify all. Find HDVSplit (not HDVSplitt splitter or HDV , etc. ) to , captured in the original M2T streams to disk . This is probably what you mean by " native " .