Thread: Codec Error: Use Windows Media Player

Codec Error: Use Windows Media Player

I have a problem with some files that I want to read . For example for a video that is on my hard disc to my PC, I want to open with windows media player, and it was told : " Windows Media Player can not play the file. It is possible that the reader does not support the file type or codec used to compress it " and apparently uninhabited , and I checked the file type is supported, so I guess the problem is the codec, which codec should I use? I have windows XP and windows media player .. For other videos , I use a codec and it works very well , only for some files. Please help.

Re: Codec Error: Use Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player, despite its beautiful interface , do not support all video formats , only standard sizes with standard Windows codecs , so I advise you to convert your video Converter. In the format you want then you can play it with any software. If thee 're tired of Windows Media Player, you have lots of players like VLC but the interface is less pleasant than Windows Media Player.

Media Player Classic is an open-source dynamic is changing . But unlike big project dynamics , Media Player Classic is simple , lightweight and very functional ( not the kind big project gas plant ). Only one EXE 1.4 MB to copy and paste, read the dvd , manages the subtitles, dozens of codec and plugin developed on the basic version . When you do not have a codec, media player classic download offer just the codec that you lack chtit and gives you links to the source -forge project for development of the codec in question . It thus avoids the max 60MB pack full of spyware.

The problem when you read a lot of video media is that we still lack a codec worse after a while, you start to have so many codecs that certain clash between them, if not support version of its codec, and that no power user utilities 350,000 for the managements of the codecs are making ends meet. many short bustle to do much. With VLC , more problem: No need of CODECS. You read in a year I never had any codec download codecs when no problem with VLC. No need to download anything , I was even able to say " if it happens it will not VLC ever ".

VLC uses codec. It is a stupidity to say that VLC does not. She uses the library ffpmepg ( and is the main othersBut ffmpeg ) that manages a number of video codecs ( mpg4 , divx/1/2/3 ) as well as audio. So we must stop saying that VLC does not need codecs . Simply , it 's integrated. So you do not seem to install the codec packs . But it is error to believe that VLC can read everything. It will need external codecs to play certain formats. (Most are closed) ( as mplayer dll that uses Windows for some formats), Otherwise, in conclusion, my preference is media player classic which is much lighter and only if we choose the right codec packs.

First thing : open your drive and make tools menu / file types , check everything. If no improvement , download a codec pack . The best : use the drive VLC who reads everything. The best is to install a codec packs . Which enables you to read about everything . Personally, I use the SLD codec pack , which I never caused any problems.