Thread: Norton Ghost 15 SRD .ISO File

Norton Ghost 15 SRD .ISO File

Are there several methods/where a user by means of a Trial version or description of Ghost 15 be able to download the SRD .ISO file. Without the SRD there is no method the product's recovery procedure be able to be fully tested. ATIH 2010 trial lets the user generate a 'Rescue' CD, why does not Ghost. And let me tell you I detestation to suggest Acronis additional than without the Norton SRD the trial in my estimation is the entire additional than worthless. Once a user tries a product they are probable to purchase it. That why I asked the query about the SRD, immediately trying to assist the user solve their tribulations and Symantec sell additional product.

Re: Norton Ghost 15 SRD .ISO File

I take for granted you do not encompass the alternative to download the recovery disk ISO until you buy the product. I imagine Symantec is not giving the alternative for SRD as it would be a total product if you encompass the recovery disk handy. To utilize the SRD (Ghost, 360, or NIS SRD) you encompass to have a license key. If you do not comprise you determine to not be capable to boot (well, the winPE determine to load, other than you determine to not be capable to do anything in it) into the SRD, and utilize its functions. And for the reason that of this mechanism/protection regrettably the SRD(s) are useless for the trial users.

Not true in view of the fact that the trial determine to tranquil expire, the SRD then is of minimal value. I encompass Ghost 9, 10, 14 and 15 licensed products other than when suggesting a explanation on Microsoft's and additional forums I end up portentous the user download the trial version or description of Aconis True Image Home 2010 as the trial does permit the user to generate the equivalent of an SRD (Acronis Rescue Disk) so they be capable of not merely generate Image Backups additional than in addition using the Acronis 'Rescue' CD restore that image.

Is your non-custom CD dissimilar from excavation. I necessitate to enter a serial numeral to generate an image other than the whole thing else works without a serial. A restore does not necessitate a serial. I had originate this thread and it did not assist. I am not getting several messages regarding missing network adaptors (or drivers) when starting up the SRD and the Atheros Adapter is being it seems that predictable when I give the impression of being at network adaptor settings. I am merely working with Win XP on the SRD apparatus. On the other hand, I am working with Win 7 on the target apparatus for the backup.

I am trying to generate an SRD for an Asus EePC model 900HA working with Windows XP. The SRD procedure picks up the LAN and Miniport drivers as being missing and hypothetically adds them when it generates the SRD. When I test the SRD I cannot have right of entry the Networked drive on my additional PC. No network drives are visible even though if I reboot into XP Ghost be able to then observe them extremely well. I encompass in addition tried loading drivers physically using a USB stick additional than no success. Working with the Validation tool gives me the following information on missing drivers.

I have comprised and tried process on this thread. I get a communication that the network path cannot be originated. Make a note of I not be able to utilize user names / passwords as neither apparatus is set to necessitate passwords for login. Immediately a guess additional than might you temporarily set the similar network username/password on every system. I have not tried your setup, I have always had a password.

The explanation was as follows. The SRD complete by means of drivers as recommended by Custom SRD. Utilize alternative to auto start network services. Then you have to set a password for logon on the target PC (in this casing working with Win 7). After that you have to boot PC to be backed up or recovered (EePC) from SRD. After that you have to select Map network drive (this at present follows second recommend post set on top of). Then you have to enter \\pcname\drive name. Do not utilize browse. Subsequent to that in password box enter name and password. This determine to fail. At present select "Choose a dissimilar user name" . At the end you have to enter your user name and password for the target PC. Hit it off OK and then OK on Map Network Drive box. You be supposed to get a communication that the drive is mapped. At present proceed as per manual.