Thread: Norton Ghost ".GHO" files on DVD, can you help me understand data?

Norton Ghost ".GHO" files on DVD, can you help me understand data?

Few time before i lost my all the data but the technician took the backup in .GHO files. There were total 6 files of backup on DVDs. I have searched a bit on an internet and installed Norton Ghost Explorer. It opened these .GHO files but it was not what i expected to see. There is a huge list of files but i am not able ti find out those with the pictures and other documents.

Re: Norton Ghost ".GHO" files on DVD, can you help me understand data?

Gho file extension : Contains a "snapshot" of a hard drive or other media device, backup data as an exact copy of the disk, often used to create complete backups of your hard drive. Norton Ghost files can be used to restore individual files or entire hard disk; GHO files can also be encrypted to keep backups safe.

I have a ghost on my server and when i click on File / Open and select the first file. Gho. 4) Confirm with Yes to the appearance of the dialog. The burning goes smoothly with Nero 6 and when I explore the DVD with XP, I can see my files. And GHO. GHS. There you'll find your *. gho file and off you go. Everything went fine, I create two ghost file. Gho (1GB 1st, 2nd 555mo). Apparently everything is OK, but I find it amazing that ghost ghs segments in 6 files 2GB and a file gho gho 2, odd that he does.

Must know that when faitt image of a disk image and exceeds 2GB the first file extension GHO and other GHS. well if you use PQDI first file then PQI 001.002. It is impossible to open and even more if he could not help because it is the result of the image. there is better than GHOST see PQDI (partition magic). I suggest you to use the same one so that you wont have to worry about it anymore.

Exactly that same has also happened to me. And at least I can save some data. So, build another Festlatte fit as a master (about the size of the data on it) then take off with the Ghost CD and play the defective image on it. Ghost will stop at some point with an error message, but he has written a variety of data to the FP. If you were lucky, then your important information, if not ..... then you will have bad luck. Since then there `only symantec even you can create the data. For cash of course. And not cheap.

Well, that is nothing with the Ghost Explorer! One can not copy files from DVD to all time record, so he then can search everything together, because he demands it still always some DVDs in the drive. The file types are *. GHO. That's as far as I know is also a compressed file. There must therefore be possible to browse the GHO files to a specified file!