Thread: Removing the "Author" field in the Playlist?

Removing the "Author" field in the Playlist?

I love this VLC player. I am totally happy with the player. It can play almost all the types of the files. The biggest advantage that I found with VLC is its ability to increase the volume of the files that it plays. I think that it is the only player that has this ability. I am totally content with this player. The only thing that is bothering me is, the Author field in the playlist of VLC, because of this the GUI has to be kept wider which I do not like. I want to remove the author field from the playlist, is it possible? Help.

Re: Removing the "Author" field in the Playlist?

I do not think that I can help you a lot in this case. You have asked for the removal of the Author field. I am really sorry for you. This could be impossible. I am not sure, but I think that this could be possible only when some changes to the source code can be made. However you can make the controller window smaller, and you will have a scroll-bar.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    I do not think that I can help you a lot in this case. You have asked for the removal of the Author field. I am really sorry for you. This could be impossible. I am not sure, but I think that this could be possible only when some changes to the source code can be made. However you can make the controller window smaller, and you will have a scroll-bar.
    I also know that and I thought that someone can help me do this. Well I think that I will not get help regarding this anymore. OK is there any other thing that I can do so that I can get this thing under my belt. Also you said about the minimization of the controller window, but the scrollbar disturbs me a lot and I do not want that cause me problem. Should I go and ask for help fropm the tech support of VLC?

I do not think that you will get any support from the tech support of VLC. They are also going to say the same thing that it is impossible. Also there is nothing much left that I can suggest you to do. All I think that you need to do is go for some other player. Why do not you try the Media Player Classic. Though it does not have the 4 times sound capability as that of VLC, but I think that this player is somewhat superior then the VLC.

Well, if you do not like to go to any other player other then VLC, then there is no problem in going with the tech support. See what they suggest. Well, I would also love to see what they have suggested in respect to this problem. I do not know what problem is the playlist window causing you? Well see and post if you get the solution.