Thread: Installer for Windows 7

Installer for Windows 7

Recently i am not able to install the Windows 7 operating system in my system there seems to be a problem with the installer and i am giving a last try before going for the repair. I have tried a number of the things but it didn't work for me, i have change the image path Installer then there was no installer found. So, please help me and tell me from where to get the installer for the Windows 7 OS.

Re: Installer for Windows 7

There might be a issue with your Recovery disk as it puts your computer back to the factory settings to overcome these problem save all the data as the hard drive is wiped clean during the Recovery process. If you want further information on the recovery process then contact the computer Manufacturer they will provide the details of it.

Most of the time the windows installer files are missing on your hard disk due to as number of reasons if these is the case with you then you have to reinstall the Windows installer. So, first reinstall the Windows installer and then try to install the Windows 7 operating system it will work properly.

As you have suggested that there may be a problem in the hard drive files and i should reinstall the Windows installer. At these moment i have the installer with me but not knowing how to install it in the proper manner. So, please help me with a step by step solution any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated by me.

For reinstalling the Windows installer first you have to rename the damage Windows Installer files and then you should reinstall the windows Installer, for that follow the following steps properly;
    • Select start and then click om the run and in the box type cmd then command prompt will open

• Then type cd %windir%\system32 and press enter
    • Type attrib -r -s -h dllcache then press (<--') enter key
    • Then type ren msi.dll msi.old and press (<--') enter key
    • After that type ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old and press (<--') enter key
    • Finally type ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old and press (<--') enter key

After that type exit to complete the process and turn off the system and then restart to see the effect when you reinstall a fresh copy of the Installer.

If you are not able to install the Windows installer then the best option is to go to the Microsoft website and from there download a new copy of the Windows installer for the Windows 7 OS. You just have to select the Installer according to the specific operating system and then download it and install in the system these will resolve your problem of the installer for sure.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"