Thread: List of Recent Documents not showing up in Task Bar or Start Menu

List of Recent Documents not showing up in Task Bar or Start Menu

I am using the Microsoft Office 2007 from a long time and never got any problem from it but yesterday my list of all recent documents is not showing up either in the start menu nor in the Task bar. I have tried it with the word options/ Advanced and selected to display 12 recent documents but not find a single one there where as my other office software such as the excel which shows the list of recent documents. So,please tell me what to do to overcome these problem.

Re: List of Recent Documents not showing up in Task Bar or Start Menu

There is a solution to your problem you just have to press the Windows button available in the Keyboard and then type these %AppData%\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Recent\\AutomaticDestinations. When you reached to these location then delete all the temporary folders that will resolve your problem and the next time when you open the task bar all the recent files will get listed.

When you check the recent document list within the word application, it might happen that the files will get corrupted as they are stored in the "AutomaticDestination" folder so to resolve these issue you have to first go to the location %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations and then delete all the files in the AutomaticDestination folder. The point that should be kept in mind at the time of deleting files is that files having more 1 MB of memory be only deleted.

If your issue of the recent list is not sorted with the above solution then you have to contact the Microsoft customer desk to overcome these problem, the other solution is you should reinstall the application that is the office that you are using. After the installation check that it is working properly or not,this might resolve your issue of the Word document.

Your issue can be resolve with the following steps first you have to unpin the Word from the Task bar and the start menu ten follow the below steps;
    • Close all the recent instances of the MS word
    • Then go to Start >>All programs>> Accessories>>Run
    • Copy all the contents that is WinWord /r and browser to the location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12.
    • Then right click on the file ‘WinWord.exe’ and select ‘Pin to task bar’
    • Finally select the same file and click on ‘Pin to start menu’, these will resolve your problem.