Thread: How to disable the SuperFetch on Vista?

How to disable the SuperFetch on Vista?

How to disable the SuperFetch on Vista? Services do not find it. I doubt that is coming is even though I installed Vista last night. I am searching for the procedure for disabling this thing because it is giving problem to me. My friend is that it will better let Vista do its job but I am not satisfied with the performance and I want to control and manage my system according to my requirement.

Re: How to disable the SuperFetch on Vista?

Windows Vista OpenGL libraries to better manage the games and since it has integrated DirectX 10, the 9 and 8 are not included? I like the old games: platform, shoot'm'up, and fighting, so even the emulators and MAME rules so I am not an expert on DirectX. I think I read that the 10 include support OGL Evident that it is backwards compatible but the opposite is not obvious: there are games that do not understand hurt to have DirectX 10 and you might even want to install 9) But in theory do not damage because if you rely on official installations then the installer will cause problem.

In here we are again with the usual problem with this service loved-hated: I have disabled (services> Tuning up, as has been said), exasperated by the constant whirring hard disk, and do not tell me that after a while 'is calm. Of course, just using Vista (sleep or hibernate) it is bearable, but those of us who use multiple operating systems and every reboot complete recharge in memory that is useful and making it available almost instantly, but causing that continuous blend of the hard disk. About Windows 7 uses the same system or not?

All these tasks take place at low priority, mainly idle then little or nothing interfere with user actions that have higher priority. Of course, if you have an HD grater makes a mess of the devil is annoying but in this case the board to buy a new fast and quiet. Win7 changed its operation: no more fills all available memory in one shot like Vista but only charge almost idle to "sip". The result is that the eyes of the user not hysterical blender as before I note that this particular alone determined the preference of naive users who do not understand what was and what is the SuperFetch (an advanced disk-caching with prediction) so much as to say only that Win7 "is much lighter than Vista.

You will be one of the lucky few, since I use Vista and installed on a host PC, and in most cases I found disappointing performance, a bit '"patched" with the first service pack. Not to mention updates on newly installed system will slow down all the bad. All this does not happen on windows 7, seeing as speed is like xp if not better in some situations. And I do not speak a single PC tested