Thread: Making a Universal image for Windows 7 using sysprep?

Making a Universal image for Windows 7 using sysprep?

I created a Universal Ghost Image of windows 7 using sysprep so I can install on any system. Because I have already created an image and when I install it does not fit in windows it remains in the back and a white cursor flashing in the rest and it does nothing. I will be waiting for the related reply, and thanks in advance for anyone who ready to provide the solution for this problem.

Re: Making a Universal image for Windows 7 using sysprep?

With regard to the PC with the HDD are IDE, there is a way to publish by Microsoft to use a backup machine and on another system. This trick is useful if you grid your motherboard: you the exchange you re-plug your HDD without formatting, you can go further the bluescreen. One thing I need to bring your notice that I have only tested on the IDE but it worked fine.

Before the ghost image, copy the i386 directory of Windows 7 CD to the root of c: and then merge the registry key: you need to search that and download Mergeide.rar. Only then you do your ghost image. This file indicates that during the startup of the system to operate the post driver uses a standard IDE controller (supports multiple cards mothers). Then when Windows starts, it installs all the drivers that alone is lacking.

I use ghost cast server in addition to the method mentioned above (post # 8) and a good old sysprep. For those skeptics, I leave you the link to the Microsoft KB: http://support.microsoft.com With all this, you spend more time to unpack the computer system to configure that but you can easily make 30 to 50 computer system in the day.

I do not get it too! you want to restore an image, but what kind of image an image of system partition windows 7 cannot be applied on a window 7 system abuts the image is to make a backup of the system partition for the case when big problems, "viruses or other" we can reinstall everything in one go "system and applications" in a very long and it can well on the same machine because each machine has its drivers propes material unless you have a computer pool with the same type of gear.

As the, an image system can be universal. It depends on the configuration (driver problem). At least achieve a basic setup without software drivers and without annexes into the picture. It remains then only deploys the image and completes the installation on each workstation. I hope this will solve the problem that you are facing.

An image compatible but how do you have all the drivers for every different positions if the other it will serata claimed after each image reproduction pilots for the job in question cannot have a compatible image, I have done to my computer because I CLUD 5 posts for other positions if they have their own image, ok got it we move on.