Thread: svchost.exe (netsvcs) is always downloading something

svchost.exe (netsvcs) is always downloading something

I have installed windows 7 in my pc. But I am getting an error that is netsvcs error.It always seems downloading something. Has anybody had it where after the computer come out of sleep mode it just freezes. I am going to upgrade to 7100 to see if it stops i don't think it will because its been doin it since build 7000. Any solution for this please let me know.

Re: svchost.exe (netsvcs) is always downloading something

I think it can be done only through command prompt. open command prompt and type tasklist /svc /fi "imagename eq svchost.exe". After this you will be able to determine by the PID which service is the culprit. After that open the task manager and go to the service tab. search for the corresponding PID and shut down her. Hope this will help you to sort out the problem.

As your svchost.exe is always downloading something, but you don't know how to shut it down? I think the solution is given there by the previous replier. I have searched many times but got the same solution. So that is your solution and will work definitely. Try doing that only.

I think this can be solved by using Windows Update v3 which you can download from Microsoft website. Download this file fix_svchost.bat and save it to your C:\ drve. After that download this file WindowsXP-KB927891.exe and save it in the same drive. Now reboot the computer and log in to Windows XP in safe mode and after windows loaded log on as “Administrator”. Now Click Start menu then go to Run option and choose the Browse button and find the fix_svchost.bat file which you have saved before just press Open and then OK. After that a black screen will appear and let it to be disappear and then reboot your system. This will solve your problem.
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 11-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.

rony00000 Guest

i every time do windows update but my pc hang and slow why help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmckeeco84 Guest

@Rony, sounds like you may have a malware infection. I would suggest downloading Avira antivirus and make sure to download Avira update before you run it. This should clear out any malware (viruses) you might have, unless you have a rootkit infection.

Try scanning your system with the software I've suggested and if you're still having a problem let me know. Also, please tell me what type of computer you are using, its specifications and your operating system. Thanks and good luck.

rony00000 Guest

ok my os:windows xp sp2 matherbord gigabyt 945gccr ram 2gb hd500 and i use avast5

If the application is downloading something then you must identify the open port. It can be a virus. For that click on start and then click on run. Then type cmd and in that pass the following command : tasklist /svc /fi imagename eq svchost.exe. Now you will get the list of open port and in that you can block it by running Windows Firewall. You can also download Comodo where you get a system event manager. This shows you the number of inbound and outbound connection.

At last my experiments solved this issue. i removed qmgr.dll along with wuaueng.dll from "Windows/System 32". I think removing qmgr.dll is enough. if it is not worked try removing second one. qmgr.dll is a module associated with Background Intelligent Transfer Service from Microsoft Corporation and wuaueng.dll is a module belonging to Microsoft Windows Update. From these descriptions it is clear that windows update is downloading data from net even if it is disabled. So i think this is a method used by windows to check whether our system contain genuine os.

Deleting files from system32 in windows 7 or vista is not an easy task. You have to get the ownership of the file. Follow the instructions.

In start menu type cmd then right click cmd and select run as administrator.

To take ownership of the file, you’ll need to use the takeown command. Here’s an example:

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll

That will give you ownership of the file, but you still have no rights to delete it. Now you can run the cacls command to give yourself full control rights to the file:

cacls C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll /G Appu:F

Note that my username is Appu, so you will substitute your username there.

At this point, you should be able to delete the file. If you still can’t do so, you may need to reboot into Safe Mode and try it again. For the filename in the example, I was able to overwrite it without safe mode, but your mileage may vary.

ThumbsUp Re: svchost.exe (netsvcs) is always downloading something

WOW!!!

I was really feeling so frustrated when helplessly looking at the zooming download rate eating my bandwidth limit....

Friend, you have solved it completely! Thanks a lot for this solution.