Thread: Safe to remove HP Mediasmart as Bloatware?

Safe to remove HP Mediasmart as Bloatware?

I have in my hp laptop and I have a message that comes up very regularly and I can not stand : HP MediaSmart TV RESIDENT PROGRAM FOR CEASE OPERATIONS , I do not know the nature of this program and every time I click on close the message returns automatically. I want Safe to remove HP Mediasmart. I need your knowledge because I do not know anything about computers to remove this error message and explain what I am thank you in advance.

Re: Safe to remove HP Mediasmart as Bloatware?

# Download the software on your Mac desktop from hp.com
    # Double- click the file HP MSS Client.dmg .
    # Double click Install the HP MediaSmart Server to start the installation process.
    # In the Welcome screen of HP MediaSmart Server , click Continue to install the software.
    # When the license agreement the user is displayed , click Continue to accept .
    # A standard installation screen appears , with the amount of space available for installation in the default location. A button lets you change the location if you wish . Otherwise , click Install .

To disable (Temporarily or permanently or until further order ) and not uninstall HP MediaSmart the SmartMenuProceed as follows : -> Windows key and R -> In the Open field, type MSCONFIG - > OK - > Click the Startup tab - > Uncheck the box in front of the startup item HP MediaSmart SmartMenu - > OK -> and click the Restart button (your HP PC ). If we try to find the HP MediaSmart SmartMenu the dedicated touch button , simply repeat the above but this time by checking the box in front of the startup item HP MediaSmart SmartMenu .

We encountered a problem between players CERTAIN "green " Western Digital when connected via USB , and HP MediaSmart Server. The players showed a reduction of energy savings and have been reported in check in the console Windows Home Server. The failure occurs only a drive " green " or when the player " green " house is in a USB box . We recommend not to use USB drive " green " Western Digital . Using a player " Green " Western Digital internal HP MediaSmart Server is supported and works perfectly .

HP has unveiled its MediaSmart Server EX490 , for domestic server market . Running on the Microsoft Windows Home Server, the server knows to automatically collect the media and meet as the computer, the type of media or file location . Mac specifically , the server has a restore utility to restore disk without an operating system on a Mac with Time Machine . The MediaSmart LX195Which does not lack elegance elsewhere , gets a 640GB hard drive running at 7200 rpm , ATOM CPU , 1.6 GHz and provides four USB ports.

For safety , the QNAP TS-109 wins this time . It runs Linux , system less prone to attacks and found safe by our very network administrator. Windows Home Server based on Windows Server 2003 system where critical flaws were discovered and exploited.

# On the computer, double click on the icon Windows Home Server in the notification area, then log.
    # Click Settings at the top right of the console.
    # Select HP MediaSmart Server in the left menu, then click the HP Update .