Thread: Windows XP to 7 Printer sharing

Windows XP to 7 Printer sharing

I was using a Windows 7 for a month but due to the problem of drivers, i was not convinced with the printer performance of the Windows 7 so i decided to switch back to the Windows xp. When i connected to the Windows xp my printer says that it can not connect to the system. Please provide me with the solution so that i can connect to the printer, there may be a way to overcome these problem.

Re: XP to 7 Printer sharing

As you have stated above that you are not able to connect your printer to the Windows xp system then first tell me that which printer you are using and did you have the Driver CD of the Printer or not. Please give me the full information so that i can solve your issue in a proper manner.

I have a HP deskjet 940c printer which i am trying to connect to my system. I have switch from Windows 7 to the windows xp because many people told me that there is no driver available for the Windows 7 operating system and i have another computer in the other room and i want to connect it to the printer. Please provide me a proper solution so that i can connect my printer in to the network.

Your problem of the printer can be solved in few simple steps which are given below to connect the printer in the network, so just follow the steps to overcome the problem;
    • First make sure that the printer is shared on the Xp machine and in the windows 7 called as "SHAREDPRINTER".

• Then go to the Control panel and then add LOCAL as your printer.
    • Then create the New port---> Local port

• Make Port name is \\XPMACHINE\SHAREDPRINTER

• Now the windows 7 will load a driver and you will be able to print on the Windows xp.

If the Printer is connected to the Windows 7 then make the setting on the Windows xp machine and your problem will be solved.

There is a method by which you can resolve your issue of the printer not connecting in the network just follow the following steps;
    • Go to the Devices and the Printer section
    • Select the option of Add Printer
    • Select Add Printer prom Network
    • Then the System will search ans will connect the printer in the other Windows machine and your problem will be resolved.

Your suggestion and advice was very useful in solving the problem of the printer on my Network. Finally by using your given steps above i got the solution to the problem and now my both the systems that is Windows 7 and windows xp are connect to the same hp printer, i an very grateful to you for these suggestion and any help in the future will be appreciated.