Thread: Zebra/UPS Thermal 2844 And Windows 7

Zebra/UPS Thermal 2844 And Windows 7

I am having a Zebra thermal printer which is not detected by the Windows 7. Windows aware of the UPS Thermal 2844 but say found no driver for same. Even if i tried to installed the driver for same it is still not detected by the Windows 7. So if any one is having the solution for same then please let me know about it. A help may be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Zebra/UPS Thermal 2844 And Windows 7

I think that there might be issue with the Windows 7 Compatibility which is unable to install the diver for the system of yours. As Windows 7 is the latest operating system from Microsoft it is having problem running the older version of the driver. So it is better to look for the Windows 7 compatible driver for the thermal printer and then work with the issue.

Did you checked for then Windows Compatibility list for the device of yours. Microsoft has developed a list of the compatible hardware for the Windows 7. You have to check for the Windows 7 Compatibility list of the Zebra and find that the Windows 7 is compatible with the same or not. Here is the link for same.

If it is not working with the Windows 7 just because of the compatibility issue then i think you should have to install and and run the driver from the Windows XP mode which is having the ability to run the older version of the product to the Windows 7. So if you can then try the Windows XP mode and see whether the problem got resolved or not.

I think that if the issue is not getting resolved then you should have to check for the Zebra support and see whether they are having the Windows 7 compatible driver for the device of yours or not. If you got one then download and install the same into the system and see whether it is working or not.

Windows 7 has several built-in tools to help with program compatibility and Windows XP programs should be installed directly on Windows 7. Windows XP Mode runs some older productivity programs that might not run on Windows 7. Visit the Windows 7 Compatibility Center to find software that works with Windows 7. To download the same click here.