Thread: Lotus 123 error message

Lotus 123 error message

Lotus 123 Error Message
    I have been using Lotus 123, Ver 5 (and prior versions) for many years and have been using a specific file since 1987 without ever having encountered the error message: "Out of Memory".
    Using windows Vista, 2.20 GHz CPU, 4 GB memory, lots of excess disk space on hard drives (120 GB).
    File size is 335 kb it has lot of macros in it - I use this budget file essentially almost every day
    I have uninstalled/reinstalled 123 and the same error occurs. Used Registry cleaners etc.
    Although I suspect there is some entry there that has changed - how do I find it?
    Absolutely nothing on their web service site pertaining to "Out of Memory" errors.
    Does anyone have any idea why this should pop up after all this time and a cure?
    Any suggested ideas to try will be sincerely appreciated. Email replies welcomed.
    Thank You

Re: Lotus 123 error message

Lotus for Windows requires at least 2 MB of free XMS memory. You can only choose "2 MB" or "4 MB" to indicate available memory during the Lotus Setup program. However, if you don't actually have the available memory needed on your system, the above error message appears. Allocating less memory to utilities such as SMARTDRV.SYS, RAMDRIVE.SYS, and EMM386.EXE may solve the problem.

Re: Lotus 123 error message

Thanks for your reply sergioKomic...........
    I am pleased to say that I have now solved this problem - apparently I had to many fonts (almost 800) installed on my PC and the Lotus program could not load them all. Reducing them has achieved the result.

Posting this solution just in case someone else is seaching - good wishes to all.