Thread: VMware server console standalone download

VMware server console standalone download

Where can i get VMware server console standalone download? I need a single standalone package for all the components. Is it available? Do i need to create this standalone installer by myself or VMware does has this package available for download? Please help guys... Installing all the components everytime is way too hectic. Please help...

Re: VMware server console standalone download

Hey, Well There are different files for windows based server and linux based server. There is no single package that VMware has. You will need to install two packages in case of Windows and three package in case of linux based machine. VMware does not have a single standalone package as requirenment for everyone may be different. If you create a single standalone installer i don't think VMware will allow it. It may be considered as illegal...

For Windows Based System :

VMware Server for Windows Operating Systems. A master installer file containing all Windows components of VMware Server. 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

Download
    Md5sum: 3e00d5cfae123d875e4298bddabf12f5

VMware Server Windows client package. A zip package containing installer
    files for the following VMware Server Windows Client components:
    - Windows VMware Server Console (.exe)
    - COM scripting API for Windows (.exe)
    - Perl scripting API for Windows (.exe)
    - Programming API (.exe)

Download Md5sum: 64f3fc1b4520626ae465237d7ec4773e

VMware Server for Linux Based System :

VMware Server for Linux. The core application needed to run VMware Server and interact with it on the local machine. TAR Binary.

Download
    Md5sum: 46ea876bfb018edb6602a921f6597245

VMware Server for Linux. As above, but a RPM Package.

Download
    Md5sum: 9d2f0af908aba443ef80bec8f7ef3485

Management Interface.
    The VMware Server Web-based management interface. Install on your VMware Server system to enable control from a Web browser. Includes downloadable VMware Server Console installation files.

Download
    Md5sum: 1b3daabbbb49a036fe49f53f812ef64b

VMware Server Linux client package. A zip package containing installer files for the following VMware Server Linux Client components:
    - Linux VMware Server Console (.tar and .rpm)
    - Perl scripting API for Linux (.tar)
    - Programming API (.tar)

Download
    Md5sum: 185e5b174659f366fcb38b1c4ad8d3c6

I once NEN VMware Server running on the machine described in my Sig had. Ching. But not good. Quite bad actually. I Can not recommend. Had originally thought I could run in a VM Serverapps all, so I do not every time I put on the new WHS must be allowed to install anything new (in my opinion one of the biggest drawbacks of the WHS), and if something "hacked" is the problem the VM is limited, and not the WHS data & backups from the local network fall into danger. But as I said, Dick spadschini.sayt thick & RAM, otherwise you turn your whole VMWare server to slow speed.

once NEN VMware Server running on the machine described in my Sig had. Ching. But not good. Quite bad actually. I Can not recommend. Had originally thought I could run in a VM Serverapps all, so I do not every time I put on the new WHS must be allowed to install anything new (in my opinion one of the biggest drawbacks of the WHS), and if something "hacked" is the problem the VM is limited, and not the WHS data & backups from the local network fall into danger.