Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010

Remove user picture from start menu

Want to simply remove the User Picture from the Start Menu. It will be even finer if this can be removed completely. I have tried various methods to perform this operation but could not succeed in doing this. I went and through the various forums, official sites of the Microsoft but could not find that was required. I even tried the methods that I used while I was using Vista but could not find luck while doing the same on Windows 7. Please help.
Old 09-09-2010

Re: Remove user picture from start menu

For you I have found the way how you can achieve what you desire. All you need is Windows 7 style builder. In case of Vista we use to have Vista Style Builder. I would suggest you the name that you need to download it is Ave’s Vista Style Builder. Now once you are done with the download, you can then modify existing style and choose your current theme/ style. Then make a click on the drop down in the search box and set it to properties. Now search for USERPICTURE:BOOL, and set it to false. Finally click on Test Style. Now when you are about to exit it will ask you “Do you want to use the Current Style.” click on Yes.
Old 09-09-2010

The Ave’s Vista Style Builder is a good one to follow, but however you do not like that you can go for another solution. Instead of downloading Ave’s Vista Style Builder, you can download NoUserPicturer.rar. After you download this application place the .exe file where ever you wish. Now run it once so that it can be set as an autostart item for Windows. This will make the picture disappear. This method has however one limitation. If the theme is changed, then the picture will start to reappear. You will have to manually run the .exe file again. It will work for Windows 7, x86 and x64.
Old 09-09-2010

Love to customize my system and even crossed the limits while doing so. I love simplicity and for that I do things so that everything can remain simple. I was here searching for things and I found this thread. The last line of the first post made me look into this. I was wondering how I can remove the user picture from the start menu in Vista. Is there a way? There has to be a way. So, thanks if anyone can help.
Old 09-09-2010

I also want to remove the User Picture from the Start Menu. I love to perform experiments and for that very reason I tried of sharing my wish with all of you. I am not using Windows 7 or Vista, but Windows XP SP3. I read this thread and found that there are many and complicated ways for doing this in Windows 7, hope that this may not be the case with Windows XP. Please suggest me some simple steps that I can follow so that I can remove the profile picture.
Old 09-09-2010

Yes you can remove the User Picture from the Start Menu in case of the Vista. However I have not given this a try but I have got this from someone on whom I trust. He is an expert and lover of Vista. Hope that this will work for you. So, here it is:
  1. First of all in Restorator 2007 open the msstyles file.
  2. Now extract Variant > Normal.
  3. It is the time to open the normal file in VXI32.
  4. Press Ctrl and G.
  5. Now enter 0144c8 in decimal and press OK.
  6. Replace 01 with 00 and Save.
  7. Now replace the original file in the Restorator with the normal file by dragging it there.
  8. Now save everything.
  9. Lastly restart the theme services.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,