Thread: Format Hard Drive with Windows 7 Boot Disc

Format Hard Drive with Windows 7 Boot Disc

I am currently using Windows 7 operating system and want to format my Computer sue to a virus attack on it from the internet. I have a windows 7 Boot CD with me but it only does the quick format. I want to do a thorough format of my system and not the quick format, is there any utility available for these purpose that can be used at the boot time. Please provide me with the appropriate suggestion about the issue.

Re: Format Hard Drive with Windows 7 Boot Disc

There is no need to do a full format of the Windows 7, you just need to insert the installation CD at the boot time. You can delete all the partitions on a disc and it is a clean disc there will no data available on the system, the data can be recovered only by using the special recovery software. Again there is no need to go for the full format, at times you can check the disks for the errors and bad blocks; don't do the full format in my opinion.

There is another reason for which i want to do a full format of my system that is troubleshooting. I want to troubleshoot my computer because there is a thread a bit below called as the "Windows 7 Hang" and due to these my system slows down frequently. i have already install windows 7 for four times in quick format mode but the same problem arises every time that's why i want to do a full format, please give me a way to full format my system.

I still don't thing that you need to do a full format of your system having the Windows 7 operating system. The issue that you have stated can be resolved by doing the Check-disk ans search for the bad sector and repair it. If the problem is not a controller failure then you have to look in the BIOS and resolve it. In BIOS you have to first "resetting the default state" and then make the changes, this will resolve your issue for sure.