Thread: Mp3 files got converted to jpg

Mp3 files got converted to jpg

Last time I was surfing on the Internet . When I went to play songs,all my mp3 files got converted to jpg.I think it might happen due to viruses.
    Please suggest which kind of site have such viruses and suggest solution to convert my mp3 files back to normal. For solving this issue I have tried everything. I will be waiting for the related solution. Thank you in advance for any related replies.

Re: Mp3 files got converted to jpg

I am facing the same problem when I attached my friends flash drive. I scanned my PC with Nod32 and avast but it does not find any virus.But my media files got converted to JPG file. When I rename it back to mp3.It remains in this format temporarily, after restart it again converts media files back to JPG.Files which got converted play in winamp and Videos are not supporting in any player. This is due to virus or something else, because I have scanned my PC with AVG also it doesn't detect any virus.

To convert all your media files back from jpg to mp3.

Do the following things:
    1] You just need to Right click on the file and change the extention back to mp3.

2]Right click on the file ,then select the properties and change the Open with software.Select windows media player or any other player.

Try these steps, I am sure that this will solve your problem, if you have any other problem let me know.

FEC Setup3.3.zip is a file extension changer software.It is very simple to use and very easily available on net.Then you can convert the file of one type or a full folder at one time.This software seems to be very useful. I am suggesting this software to you because I have tested this software personally. I have got exceptionally outstanding result. I hope that you will also get the same result after using this software.

After trying different antivirus I ran a scan with BitDefender. It founds a malware.The malware has created a folder named media control in C:/windows/system32 and it was also in startup.I deleted the malware and my this problem get solved.I manually nees to convert the files into mp3 which is time consuming andborring one.Then I download a software FECSetup3.3.zip which chane the extention of one type or a full folder at one time.

To rename all the files in a folder, follow the following instruction:
    Goto start menu>>run and type notepadType this code in notepad ren*.jpeg*.mp3 Rename the text file to .bat
    Now put this batch file in the folder which you want to rename.ust double click the batch file ,all your files will be renamedin 2-3 seconds.