Thread: Outlook 2007 Calendar issue

Outlook 2007 Calendar issue

Hey guys

I have a user running WinXP SP3 and Office 2007.
    She has a recurring meeting in her calendar with attachments, when trying to delete the recurring meeting it returns with error "attachments has exceeded allowable size limit" I have tried every little trick and setting I could find on the net, I've checked with our Exchange guys and her attachments are below the limit size, so it has to be Outlook 2007 itself...

I'm stumped...

any clues??

Re: Outlook 2007 Calendar issue

Have you checked what was the limit set on the server for her? If you are attaching a very large file, you should first compress the file by using a zip program. Outlook files that are saved in the default Open XML Formats with the following file extensions are automatically: .docx, .dotx, .xlsx, .xltx, .pptx, .potx, and .ppsx. Have you checked the settings in Exchange under Global Settings>Message Delivery>Properties>Defaults?

The size on the exchange is way above the size of the attachments, when the recurring meeting request was sent out there were no errors, we only getting the error now that the user is trying to delete the recurring meeting request.

I had similar issues and I think that I have found an answer for this, without removing 'outlookaddinsetup' by uninstalling the program. If you go to the following location 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe' and right click the program and select 'Run as Administrator', Outlook will open. Go to the Tools menu, select Trust Center and click on Add-Ins. Go to the bottom where it says 'Manage Com Add-Ins' and click on 'Go'. Scroll down and see if you have a com add-in named 'OutlookAddin'. Uncheck the box, say OK and restart Outlook. That should end your problem with appointments becoming recurring.

No such addin

also I don't see how such an addin would prevent you from deleting a recurring meeting by saying that your attachments have exceeded the size limit...

Still no solution

I had a similar type of issue with outlook on my computer and I finally got this to work after setting the message size limit in every conceivable place in Exchange. The last place I set the limit was the Server Configuration -> Hub Transport -> 'Relay for internal servers' properties. Hope that it works out for you as well.

johnmichle515 Guest

Clean up the Calendar size in your email account and to do so, follow the steps given below:
    1. Go to your calendar.
    2. Press on View and select “all appointments”
    3. Select the ones that you want to delete
    May be the size of calendar will increase after saving your calendar attachment.
    After all you can also visit this website, may be help you.

Thanks
    Last edited by Kunal; 08-09-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed