Thread: How to convert from chm to pdf

How to convert from chm to pdf

I am having a Dell laptop, which I basically use this for the internet access, for some of my official and personal purpose, yesterday I download a HTML file which is having .chm extension, I searched on internet and found that this is a HTML help file, which is used by Microsoft. This file format contains some security bulletins and patches provided by Microsoft. Now I am willing to convert the file in .pdf format, but don’t know how to do this, is there anyone having any information regarding this. Any input on this issue will be appreciated greatly.

Re: How to convert from chm to pdf

Just few months ago I was also download this type of file format in my machine, but this was not open, that file was very much important for me and to open this I searched everywhere for the solution and found an information about a converter from .chm to .pdf file format. This is known as ABC Amber PDF Converter, download and install that one into your machine, open the application window and from there select the desire file which you are willing to covert in to pdf format. Select eth appropriate format and click on convert button. This will convert the file format, by this way you can able to covert the .chm file into .pdf format.

Like the above post there are so many converter software applications are present indifferent web sites to convert the .chm file format in to other formats, like basic html, then word and also into pdf file format. I recommend you to go through any one of them to make the file conversion; this is the simplest and easiest way to convert any file format into desire file extension. There are some of the converter software’s are available in the market by a fixed trial period, select the desire which will fulfill your requirement and convert the file extension.

Open the .chm file, if your stored in your machine, then it will place in to the download folder of the document and setting. If there is any printer is attached in to your machine, then unplug this one, before do any process. I hope the .chm file will open in your default browser which you set. Now go to the tool menu bar option and from there select the print option, or in some of the browsers window this option is places in to the menu bar. It will ask you to save the .pdf file in somewhere of your machine, select the place where you are willing to save it. Your .chm file is converted into .pdf file format. Now you can able to open the file.

Open the chm file and copy entire content of that file, along with that open a word document file in your machine, nor paste entire copied contents of that file into the word document, you might be needed to change some of the font style or size, also some alignments of the page, open the file with the internet explorer, if this browser is not the default browser in your machine. now click on file menu bar option and make sure that you are properly set the page contents and the alignments for print, click on print wizard and this will prompt you to save the pdf file in your machine, save that file, and in this very simple way the .chm file is converted into .pdf file format.

There is another application which is used to convert any file type into the .pdf file format. The name of that software application is doPDF. This is used to print any type of document. Download and install this one into your machine, it will automatically configure with the browser as the default printer name. Now open that file and click on the print option. Select the doPDF as the printer name, it will ask you to save the file in your machine with .pdf file extension, if you are not willing to print that file, then before to select the print option release the printer from your machine if it attached. The pdf file might be stored into the document and setting folder of your machine.